Senate Is at stake in Georgia runoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeverGunFan

...Kelly Lofler... ...didn’t get 1/3 of the vote where collectively the democrats received just over 50%...

Not quite true. Both Loeffler and Collins are Republicans and received 25.9% and 19.9% respectively of the vote in Georgia. The top two Democrats were Warnock and Jackson with 32.9% and 6.6% respectively. There were 20 candidates in the runoff, the Republican candidates received 49.2% of the votes and the Democrat candidates received 48.4%.

(edited to correct "Cunningham" to "Collins"; see post 43)

Last edited:

DaleA

Let's be clear, the acceptable topic is the GA runoff election. PERIOD.

I hope by now people realize polling data isn't necessarily accurate and just disregard it and act and vote and support the folk their conscience tells them to.

My personal opinion is there is so much telephone scamming going on that people don't respond to polls or even mess with the pollsters for sport. (I've several friends who do this.)

Short and sweet, do what you think is right.

Both Loeffler and Cunningham are Republicans and received 25.9% and 19.9% respectively of the vote in Georgia.

Thanks for clarifying. I was about to jump in and do the same. However, I think you meant "Collins," not "Cunningham."

Either way, the very presence of Loeffler is problematic, and it has been for some time. Collins was pretty much everyone's choice to replace Senator Chambliss. For some inexplicable reason, Governor Kemp found Loeffler at a bridge club or something and appointed her instead. Apparently, this was to appease conservative women in the suburban districts. She's done nothing of substance and appears to be in office to mouth hard-right conservative slogans.

Problem is, Georgia doesn't really work that way. She's divisive at best. If Collins wasn't forced to run against her and Warnock, he probably could have sailed past 50% easily. If Collins' voters back Loeffler, she'll win. If not, she won't. That's a big question.

As for Perdue, he was beating Ossoff by a healthy margin. He just failed to hit 50% (it was actually something like 49.8%). If voters turn out, his race should be easily won. Despite ~$150 million spent on him by his party in 2018, he still lost to a reprehensible candidate. I'm sure they'll pour even more in this time, but anyone who might vote for him already did, and the numbers tell the rest.

Turnout in special elections and runoffs in Georgia has historically favored incumbents and Republicans. If that trend holds, that leaves us with some checks and balances.

That said, if you want to see some old-school dirty politics, spend some time here. It's an understatement to say the radio and television ads get downright ugly. Since so much is at stake and so much money is being spent, I am not looking forward to the next few weeks.

natman

Biden and Harris are both very conservative Democrats. I'm not worried about my gun rights under them.

Compared to your definition of liberal Democrat perhaps, but I've read Biden-Harris' gun agenda and it's even worse than Hillary's. Harris in particular was California Attorney General before she became a Senator and she's as hard core anti-gun rights as they come

44 AMP

Staff
Warning given....

Let's be clear, the acceptable topic is the GA runoff election. PERIOD.

and, ignored....

Compared to your definition of liberal Democrat perhaps, but I've read Biden-Harris' gun agenda and it's even worse than Hillary's.

we're done here, now...thanks for playing, everyone..

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.