Sellier & Bellot ammo - opinions?

RAfiringline

Anyone with experience/opinions on Sellier & Bellot handgun range ammo, especially 9mm?
The specs on the 9mm look hotter than average.

Thanks

Targa

That and Fiocchi are all I buy for factory 9mm. Good quality, good prices. Now that I think about it, before I started reloading that was my main manufacturer for .45acp and .44mag as well.

Bfglowkey

Yes it’s loaded a little warm but it shoots really well in all my 9mms. Berreta, CanIk, rueger, Glock.. all love it

Malcolm

It is great ammunition. 9mm, 357 magnum and 7.62x39 have all worked great for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sigarms228

S&B is decent ammo but I prefer Federal American Eagle and Speer Lawman. The reason the specs look hotter for S&B pistol ammo is they do their ballistic testing from a 6 inch barrel where almost all American manufacturers use 4 inch barrel.

TunnelRat

S&B is decent ammo but I prefer Federal American Eagle and Speer Lawman. The reason the specs look hotter for S&B pistol ammo is they do their ballistic testing from a 6 inch barrel where almost all American manufacturers use 4 inch barrel.
Didn't know that last part, good info.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

pblanc

When it comes to basic commercially loaded FMJ handgun ammo I think the S&B, Speer Lawman, and Federal American Eagle are all in the top tier. Fiocchi seems to be quite good as well.

JERRYS.

its supposed to be loaded to true European specs in .25acp and .32acp so that makes it above anything from an American manufacturer.

zeke

Have had very good luck with it in 45 230 fmj where it has been clean burning, accurate and inexpensive. You're left with high quality brass, but it may take some adjusting to.

Also very good in 7.62x25, where it gives high velocity and leaves good brass.

wild cat mccane

CBC of Brazil bought it in 2009...

I like it.

The only reason I would get it over Speer Lawman? Price and size of the boxes are smaller. Lawman is TMJ, which in theory should be less vaporized lead from the base.

MisterCrabby

Runs great. Good price point. S&B is one of the largest ammo companies in the world selling to military and LE along with civilian customers worldwide.

BBarn

CBC owns and markets CBC, Magtech, and Sellier & Bellot ammo. CBC and Magtech are produced in Brazil, while Sellier & Bellot is made in the Czech Republic. All seem to be reasonably good stuff.

Bentonville

I have fired thousands of rounds over many years and find it to be reliable, unlike some Winchester and Remington I have had issues with. It’s also not as dirty as the White Box or the UMC. I have put away a lot of S&B in case of an emergency because I know it’s a little hotter than a lot of American made ammo and it’s reliable. The primers on my S&B are also sealed with a red sealant. That can’t hurt over the long term.

44caliberkid

For range practice, I buy the cheapest 9mm with a brass case I can find. Sometimes that's S&B, but often Fiocchi, PPU, Magtech, Blazer Brass, always watching for free shipping and buy a 1000 at a time.

Mosin44az

I remember a few years ago S & B didn’t work well in my old Ruger P95, which worked perfectly with everything else. But Ruger has made the statement that its guns are designed to run U.S. SAAMI spec ammo, and apparently they mean it. More and more S&B is what’s available for a good price, so I have used it alot, with no problems, including the 9mm load.

JohnKSa

Administrator
I remember a few years ago S & B didn’t work well in my old Ruger P95, which worked perfectly with everything else.
I've had trouble with 9mm S&B in more than one otherwise reliable Ruger P series pistol.

The problem that I see (maybe 3-5 times out of a 50 round box) is that a round won't fully chamber, as if the chamber is too small or the round is oversized.

I just don't use it in Ruger pistols any more.

Jim Watson

Shoots normally but the pretty red stuff is not an effective sealant.
Fire hose water ruined my stock of SB (and aluminum Blazer) when my house burned.
Real USGI FCC .45 ACP with asphaltum seal was 100%.