See where you really stand!Right or Left

TexasSIGMan

What the....?? I don't like the way the questions were phrased. I felt like my answers were manipulated by the question. Nothing random about that test. It seems geared to generate leftist results.

That's what I got from it. It put me squarely as a centrist.

I'm very sure that's not correct :D

20cows

I almost hit the bullseye! Economic: 0.5, Social: -0.46 (just a hair right of dead center)

I always knew I was a well rounded individual.:)

invention_45

i come out...

-4.25 left of economic center
-3.28 left of authoritarian center

I think if they'd had more "don't care" my economic score would have been more in the -3 range. But I'm surprised i'm only -3.28 on the authoritarian side of things. I'd have expected -50 or so. I'm very much a "leave me the hell alone and I'll leave you the hell alone" sort.

carbiner

Some of those question's do not give much choice, and generalize the idea.

I noticed there were question's about abortion, free speach concepts, religion, and not one question about the 2nd amendment?????

I say this is NOT a valid way to judge one's pollitical views.

yorec

What the....?? I don't like the way the questions were phrased. I felt like my answers were manipulated by the question. Nothing random about that test. It seems geared to generate leftist results.

That's what I got from it. It put me squarely as a centrist.

I'm very sure that's not correct

Eyup. Me too... :rolleyes:

payne

I was a little over an inch high at 100yds:D

I was just about where I figured i'd be.

0.30 right of center
1.49 high of center

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
Interesting chart here: http://www.digitalronin.f2s.com/politicalcompass/images/internationalchart.gif

attachment.php

Notice that there are NO current political figures in the lower right corner of the grid - yet that is where most of the readers of this forum fall. I suppose that's not surprising since most people who fall into that quadrant would eschew public office.

Attachments

• internationalchart.gif
    internationalchart.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 80

WESHOOT2

'cause I'm a Libra, yeah, that's why

I bumped noses with Ghandi; I am a ultra-conservative Liberal with tendencies towards rational thought.

No, really......:confused:

MeekAndMild

Sorry, I can't take polls where the questions are forced choices between absurd alternatives. :rolleyes:

Have you stopped beating your wife?
Should Italian restaurants serve space aliens?

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
I've edited the above chart to reflect my opinion - and to have a little fun! :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• editedchart.gif
    editedchart.gif
    9.4 KB · Views: 67

Jart

Bless the internet.

For 30-odd years my democratic friends thought I was republican and the republicans thought I was a democrat. I just thought I was contrary.

Now I have a label: libertarian. I don't feel particularly enlightened.

4" low and dead centered horizontally.

gb_in_ga

Something I noticed was a fundamental flaw in the questioning pertaining to the authoritarian/libertarian axis, one that I think skewed my score more towards the authoritarian direction than it acutally should be. And that is that an assumption is made that if one holds a particular personal conviction, one will translate that conviction into one's political conviction. In my case, that is not true.

They fail to realize that while I may hold that is it morally wrong to engage in a certain behavior, that I could also feel that it is none of the government's business to be involved in that behavior. Hence I would willingly support a right to engage in that behavior even though I thought that the behavior is itself immoral. I personally feel that it is wrong to try to legislate morality -- not to excuse violence, theft, etc. And yet, I hold very strong views on morality. I can both be revolted by particular behaviors and yet stand by the rights of those who would partake of them.

Tim Whittaker

Economic Left/Right: -0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.15

That's about as close to the middle as I thought I was. Some of those questions seemed difficult to answer with basically an agree or disagree, per my middle status, I would have like to have seen an "indifferent" box :D

Neal in GA

Economic Left/Right: -0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.92

Hey, whaddya know? I think the republicans are almost as dumb as the democrats and, in some ways, an even more dangerous threat to our "inalienable rights".

shooter429

Questions point left

I point right.

:)

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.56

Any other right-wingers out here?

Shooter429

deadin

After checking a few of the "leading" questions, I decided to have some fun with it and see if I could "peg" the chart. I'm assuming +10,+10 would be one extreme while -10,-10 would be the other.
The best I've managed, so far, is a +5.25 Economical and a +9.54 Social.
(If this is being monitored, I expect the ACLU and Greenpeace at my door any time now.:D)

Next will be a try at -10,-10.

Dean

CypherNinja

Low and right here. (4.38/-4.00)

Remember, the labels on the chart aren't necessarily the same as in American politics. They're more "textbook" than "today's nomenclature". Also, I think this test is designed to show something much broader and more fundamental than your views on any particular topic. And the guys on the site even say that there's plenty of "wiggle room" on the chart.

That being said, I ended up right where I thought I would. :D

(after making sure I was absolutly sure of what each axis meant philisophically;))