Security System break down.

5whiskey

Funny you should say that, I plan on putting a partitioned system in the house I'm trying to buy. Actually the partition will be for my work shop out back and for the "gun chest" (concealed floor compartment in closet). I wouldn't pay for it if I couldn't buy the equip and do it myself, then I'll pay a local monitoring company 10 a month to moniter. I've even toyed with the idea of just having the panel page my cell phone for when I'm away and stuffing the wife and kid in the closet with a cell phone to call police when we're home. You can have an alarm panel page your phone without a monitoring company, thus eliminating the monthly bill. I'm not gone at night much, but if I ever am I would rather just have it a company moniter it, though.

Anywho, yeah most of that is excessive for home security. I'm not trying to convince everyone they must spend 5gs on a security system, but if you want to then hey...

What I do discourage is just doors with a motion and interior siren. I always hated putting one in because I thought it was a false sense of security.

Siesmic Sensors... You keep nukes at your house???

tony pasley

No Nukes but I am a collector and many can never be replaced.I did all the work myself, I use the pageing for personel responding because where I live I can make it back home usually before L.E. My camera equiptment I got from WWW.palmvid.com, Also got drive alert from WWW.optexamerica.com the wireless 1,000 model to let me know when some one is coming up the mountian past my nieghbors only 1 other house past mine up the mountian. Maybe those equiptment sites might help in some decisions on equiptment to get in the future. I think you have guessed that I have a little knowledge about this topic. Good luck with your new place

brickeyee

Double balanced uses multiple magnets and is much larger and more reliable than the simple reed and magnet.
Reed and magnet can be defeated by placing another magnet in the vicinity.
Double balanced requires field matching of the magnets.
Some more sophisticated sensors also use solid state (hall devices) for the magnetic field sensing.