Scope mount , what's best for the price ?

tangolima

When gun fires, muzzle rises up with recoil. It needs to rise up vertically (along with gravity). That's what counts. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with which part of the rifle being level.

I haven't had a lot chance to shoot long range, but that's what I do or try to do. I always use the vertical part of the reticle to align with vertical "features" appeared in the scope. A wall, a fence, a flag pole, or even a standing person. I test fire with different elevation settings. There should be little or no change in windage in the groups, otherwise I will rotate the scope tube to adjust. For instance, if the center of groups shifts to the right with increased elevation, I will rotate the tube clockwise a little and try again. When done, the shouldered rifle may look or feel canted, but I just ignore it. My perception is wrong.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Metal god

When using a Bullet drop compensation (BDC) reticle and adjusting the rifle 20moa up using the reticle . It is critical the rifle is perfectly squared up to the scope and reticle . If the rifle is canted to the right . When you raise the rifle up using the reticle you are actually raising the rifle up and to the right . Even if your aim , hold and dope is perfect you will miss to the right and this rifle will not be for shooting groups . It will be for first round hits or quick follow ups at unknown distances .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJWbR8YTOlA

LEVEL

gnATxE.jpg

CANTED

FO8YNn.jpg

Last edited: