Scope mount , what's best for the price ?

Metal god

Looking to get a good set of 34mm rings or single piece mount . I think I have a 20 moa base on my rifle , regardless I'm going to want that cant in there somewhere either on the base or the one piece scope mount .

I'm rebarreling my Savage Model 10 with new scope and stock , likely new trigger as well . Already have the barrel on order and bought a Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25 x 56 FFP scope . Now I need to mount it , well I want the stuff I'll need to mount it when the time comes . I'd like to have everything ready to go by June when the barrel should arrive .

Budget range for the rings/mount , I'd like to keep it to $150 or less but $200 is not out of the question . Haha that's funny , the scope on the rifle now didn't cost as much as my budget is for just the rings on the new rig :eek:

Your turn what you got ? :)

std7mag

EGW!
www.egwguns.com

I use their 20 MOA one piece rails.
Good quality! Not badly priced!

They are kinda tall. But it allows me to use low rings with up through a 50mm objective lense.

Their Keystone line of rings are seriously overbuilt!
If your not worried about keeping weight down, i highly reccomend them!

Plus, if you buy base & rings at the same time, EGW takes 10% off.

bacardisteve

Vortex precision matched is what I would do. Talley one piece if your trying to save weight but judging by the scope your using im guessing this isnt a lightweight build.

Metal god

Talley one piece if your trying to save weight but judging by the scope your using im guessing this isnt a lightweight build.

Interesting you say that . Not even sure this is a thing but I want it as light as possible with out really considering weight haha . I went with a light varmint contour for the barrel and trying to keep the weight down on the stock but not trying to make the build light as a whole . More like trying to keep it from being very heavy .

I really like the Zeiss rings because of the level . I use some sort of anti can level on all rifles I intend to shoot more then 300yds . If the level is built into the rings then I don't need to spend the extra $50 to $75 on a separate anti cant level . When taken as a whole that mean the $200 rings are no more then the $150 rings + anti cant level and maybe even a bit less .

Last edited:

bacardisteve

Talley rings are around $60. Ill admit im biased twords vortex mostly because I get a healthy discount but their stuff has never failed me. Most of their stuff is rather heavy though. The zeiss rings look really nice and like you anything i intend to shoot past 400yds has a level on it.

Txhillbilly

The best rings that I've ever used are the American Rifle Co. M10 rings. I've got 6 sets of them on all of my 34mm tube and bigger scopes.
ARC changed the design for 2022, and renamed them M-Brace rings.

wI9EvsN.jpg

MarkCO

ARCs are rock heavy rings, very good. I sold mine.

I have become a huge fan of the Hawkins Precision Hybrids. They have cant built in, no need for a rail, rock solid, but light and durable. They eliminate an additional interfaces.

ed308

The Vortex Precision rings are nice. Those rings are manufactured for Vortex by Seekings. But I also like LaRue’s LT-104 quick release mount and their Can Do mount. I have more of those than any other brand. Nice mounts if you like to move scopes around to different rifles.

For canting, forget the bubble levels. Get the Sendit electronic anti-can’t device. $200 but worth the expense since it’s faster much easier to see than a bubble level. You won’t have move your head off the stock with Sendit device.

https://long-range-arms.myshopify.com/products/send-it-xsl

Last edited:

Metal god

Fwiw I’m still watching this thread and considering your guys options . Not sure I will go with the electric level though . I have bubble levels on several rifles that are placed to be seen using the opposite eye thats looking through the scope . Just a quick glance and I’m gtg .

Metal god

Bubble levels are good to learn with. After a while, you don't need them anymore.

My natural hold has a massive cant . Never ever knew that until I started shooting longer ranges ( 300yds+) . I often shoot in the field at unknown distances and have no vertical or horizontal reference points down range to be sure I'm not canted . If I don't I have something to line my self up on I almost certainly will cant my rifle .

I've tried correcting the issue and I simply can't feel or see the cant . Countless times I've lined my self up and thought OK this time I have to be level only to be off .

Do you all have any tricks that you use to level the rifle with no real reference points down range ?

FWIW , I use BDC reticles on my long range rifles and actually use the reticle so the rifle needs to be level to get the proper dope .