Schtuff Hits the Fan Rifle

sigshepardo

this one about made me fall out of my chair. "but as Jeff Cooper says about the .32, if your shoot someone with one, and they notice, they’ll probably get mad." You gotta love a well written gun sterotype page like that.

If it results in less demand for Enfield #4s and#5s, all the better for so many of us.

The only thing that made me laugh even more is some of the old writing by the famous "Gecko 45" and other mall ninjas who either are Rapid Tactical Force, or are in training. Some are also masters of three martial arts.

Gehrhard

The funniest part to me were the people who responded and didn't understand the entire thing was a spoof. Dear me, these people own guns too? I need more then. And lots of ammo. But what to get!?

Somebody had astounding insight into the cult worship of plastic and fancy, chic gear.

I thank my lucky stars every day (no exaggeration, at all) that ARs are so modular, glamourous, and that this reality keeps the classic "battle rifles" from experiencing even steeper price increases. Let's not tell them about these other guns.

It is crystal clear that my heroes in WW2 and Korea could never have usde their combat rifles and survive against the Modern Mall Ninjas and their Doomsday Rifles awaiting the "Apocalypse", in order to justify their existence.

Maybe the guys preparing for "Road Warrior" battles in their local (Australian-style) Outback will need them, in order to pick up chicks who survive the (much more probable) boring, gradual economic meltdown.

Can't wait for a day off to use the basic, original Garand, SKS, FR8 or one of the "Jungle Carbines". Please keep this classified.......

Last edited:

9-ball

I thank my lucky stars every day (no exaggeration, at all) that ARs are so modular, glamourous, and that this reality keeps the classic "battle rifles" from experiencing even steeper price increases. Let's not tell them about these other guns.

+1!
Or let's praise the AR in heaven so they buy more and don't have money for the little beauties :D
So there you are: everything you need to know about the AR-15 ;)

briandg

So many important weapons missing from the list. A pellet gun to harvest sparrows with. A .454 casull for when the zoo animals run amok. A henry rifle for when the indians come off of the reservation. A sharps to take down the herds of wild bovines. A compound bow for taking carp, and silent sniping.

Oh, gosh, how could anybody survive the end of the world without hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of specialized weapons?

HAMMER1DOWN

That is gettin posted up in the company area at my unit! Or wait a lot of the guys will actually believe what they read..... HAHA, I just e-mailed it to some friends and family, they will get a kick outta it too!

BUFF

I've been here lots of times, but this is the first time i've read this. Just about sums it up. I will never need to rant on TFL again. Thank you sir may i have another. Funny stuff.

zoso4me

6.5 by 55 Swedish HELP

I have a old Swedish rifle that takes 6.5 by 55 amo. It was givin to me by my grandfather. I am told he had it since before my dad was born in the 40's. I was told it was military. It has a wood stock that doesnt look to be the orig. as well as a scope. I can not see any markings on it at all. The barrel "steps" down in size 3 differnt times. Can anyone tell me anything about what I may have? How I may get info on it. What I should insure it for?

Thank so much