Say it aint so!!!

Severian

we play NICE here, British....

Spiff, IZ:
To truly test ninjatude, one must devise some set way of quantifying points. Get a large cloak, and walk into a crowded gun-friendly location (a range, store, whatever), looking like a bulky Sith-lord. When all eyes set on you, discard the cloak (or if the fates would have it, a calm, cold wind will genly rip it from you, revealing you in all your tacti-ninja might). If you have ninjatude of ANY level, people (women, men and children) should be SWOONING left and right. Those with more tactical fortitude should at least be rendered stunned and speechless.

Assign points for each swooned, stunned, and cowering individual. Add bonus points if you develop some sort of cult-following, i.e. ninja-groupies (an extra bonus for each female ninja-groupie). Remember, dramaticism would help in the robe-discard phase.

To keep it fair: y'all should both go to the same place, same number of people, but a different day (to let them recover from post-ninja-exposure trauma).

IZinterrogator

Now Mike, Spiff and I do this for a. the amusement of the other members and b. because it is funny and we are able to laugh at ourselves. If you can't take it for the joke that it is, I feel sorry for you and your lack of a sense of humor.

Severian, we need somebody to come up with a point system for ninjatude based on gear, because we live too far apart to follow your plan (and your plan may result in engagement by CCWers who don't know what is going on and/or a SWAT callout :D ). I do like the idea of having female groupies following me around, though. ;)

USP45usp

Mike,

I take offense at what you said. IZ and the Spiffman do this for entertainment and I for one enjoy it.

If it wasn't a thread that is allowed on TFL, it would have been closed, it hasn't been. It's fun and something to smile about while we are trying to live our day to day lives.

As I enjoy the perspective from across the pond that you offer, I also appreciate the humor and diversity given to me via Spiffy and IZ.

As a member, I am not liking the words that you wrote about my friends, they are not losers, they are well welcomed and appreciated for what they bring to the board.

They are not losers.

If you meant it with a smile or a grin, there are smilies for that :) = smile and :D = grin.

Wayne

*sorry to take this personally, but my words hold true to what I believe.

IZinterrogator

Ahh, but it is so, gdeal. The Surefire vertical foregrip with IR nav lights is in my hot little hands. Spiff has been out-ubered according to Wildalaska, an unbiased third party. Spiff has not responded with a more tacticool photo, but these things take time, so he may do so in the near future.

Last edited:
Gentlemen, my apologies; our drier 'than a bar with the beer run out' humour did not translate and I'm sorry if it upset you.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Meanwhile, whatever you guys want to do as consenting adults in the privacy of your own back gardens is okay with me! I'd try it myself but the Armed Response Team would be all over me like a rash!

IZinterrogator

Mike, you always have to remember the ;) or the :p or the :D . Without that, one must assume that you are being serious. :eek: As for the Armed Response Team, I did that at one in the morning to assure that my neighbors weren't unduly alarmed. However, I was a little spooked when I thought I saw my neighbor going into his kitchen. :eek: Turns out it was CelticMP coming outside with the camera reflecting off of the neighbor's kitchen window, thank goodness.

USP45usp

British humor.... I've forgotten my Dutch upbringing.

That is why I saw the :) and the :D that I was thinking of.

I recind my post. My apologizes on this one.

Wayne

Droevig. Vergeten over Britten en hoe zij zijn.

IZHUMINTER

Hey IZ...

Remind me to pack some of my Ninja gear for my visit in a month; I'll have to take pics in your yard to show how much more Ninja-like than Spiff I am.

Ooh...we could unite our wondertwin powers! I sincerely doubt Spiff could match that...

IZinterrogator

How much ninja gear do you have left? Or will you be borrowing some of mine? :D

Oh man, if you're coming here, that means I need more ammo for the range. :eek: I am seriously depleted right now after CelticMP and I went shooting with our 98C friend Friday.

spacemanspiff

curses! foiled again!!!

ooooooo you durn ninja! i'll get you someday!!!

dude, for all the ninjatude you display there, the simple fact your sidearm is a wimpy 9mm brings you back down. i wouldnt say it makes us equals (though i could definitely do more with my 7 rounds of 230gr fmj 45acp than your 60 rounds of 115gr jhps) but i wont have to add too many accessories to retake the crown.

do you hear that, you nontactical nay-sayers??? i shall return one day! and there will be a reckoning! your king will rule once more!

Ooh...we could unite our wondertwin powers! I sincerely doubt Spiff could match that...
i dunno. i am like really really fat. i am the weight equivalent of twins and sometimes triplets.

IZinterrogator

Spiff, I doubt you weigh as much as our combined 370. As for your kingdom being usurped, I think the throne needs to be reupholstered. A Malibu Barbie motif isn't my idea of a suitable upholstery for the king ninja's throne. And what was this doing sitting next to the throne?

attachment.php

:p

spacemanspiff

mis-direction, fool! you cant be taking that malibu barbie decorum at its face value. i had like secret plans and passcodes all written up for me to use with my special surefire blacklight leds and whatnot.

ooooooooo that reminds me, about the throne.....if i were you i wouldnt be using no infrared or black lights around there anytime soon. :D :eek: there might still be some 'evidence' i didnt clean up. :barf: :eek:

and whats wrong with pink furniture ar's? that was like, all custom work. try it, its a 'scratch-n-sniff' stock. :p

IZinterrogator

Mmmm, bubble gum! And cordite.

Oh, and about the picture I found wedged in between the cushions... are both those girls 18? And why are you dressed up like a cowboy? :p

spacemanspiff

you know WA will be super upset if you get this thread locked before he gets back from vacation!

spacemantherestwointhepic?ithoughtiwasjustdrunkandseeingdoublespiff

IZinterrogator

Oooohhh, right...

So anyway, back on topic...
yeah, now if only i could shoot the darned thing with consistant accuracy.
I think that I figured this out when I was zeroing the ACOG Friday. That mil-spec trigger is to blame. I screwed up and started shooting my handguns before zeroing instead of vice-versa. Zeroing was murder. My trigger finger was sore, I was hungry, I'd been shooting for five hours straight, etc., etc. Anyway, I would pull the slack out of the trigger, then pull and hit an extremely heavy stop in the trigger before it broke. It might not have been really heavy, but I was shooting single-actions all morning and it sure felt heavy after that. I would hit the stop, then lose the reticle, then realize I wasn't breathing, so on and so forth. It took 50 rounds to get it zeroed. :eek: Of course, the first twenty rounds was just getting it on paper (I was zeroing at 100 yards). I got my last two within 1/2 inch on the bullseye and called it a day. CelticMP then picked it up and put ten shots in the bullseye. I hate shooting with former snipers. :eek:

spacemanspiff

yeah but if it was bench rested your sore wimpy finger shouldnt have been jerking that muzzle too much, right? you DID take off the surefire to get a good rest from the bench, RIGHT????

i know what the problem is though. you need a bigger bullseye. :p

IZinterrogator

you DID take off the surefire to get a good rest from the bench, RIGHT????
What, and screw up the barrel harmonics when I remount it? Are you nuts, that thing ain't free-floated, you know! I had the light part of the Surefire resting on a sandbag, the foregrip part wasn't touching the bench.

CelticMP

Hello?

why do i keep coming up in this ? i have no ninjatude. i just take the pictures.
It took 50 rounds to get it zeroed.
As far as that goes...........lets just say fear the pistol not the rifle:D i spotted for the zeroing and the it took a bit. When i got to shoot it w/ ACOG it was super sweet. 10 rounds in a 2x2 no problem at 100yds without even trying to take my time. ;)
I hate shooting with former snipers.
And this isnt my fault Uncle Sam wont send you (not that you could hit anything when you got there:D ). Try for the Army Pistol Team more your......forte.:D