Say Hello To My Little Sig!!

NCHornet

Thought I would post my newest addition to my gun collection.
My Sig P232 SL with factory night sites.

2-20-07005.jpg

Sig4.jpg

myp232.jpg

Sig3.jpg

Very nice. I am a big fan of .380 caliber pistols. If I was buying one primarily for shooting the Sig would be my choice too. Since I bought mine for carry i went with the smaller PPK. Now that I have a PPK and PPK/S I cannot bring myself to buy the Sig but that might change in the future.

NCHornet

I agree, I think the P230 and P232, along with the Walther PPK are some of the sexiest pistols made. I chose the Sig over the Walther, Bersa, Keltec, NAA, Seecamp and Kahr. I made the right choice for me. It fits my hand so nice and man what a shooter. As far as price goes, this is the SL model with less than 200 rounds through it, factory night sites, 3 factory mags, full box of Hydrashocks, Corbon and Gold Dots and a Fobus ankle holster, all this for $465 delivered. I think it was a pretty sweet deal. Thanks Mark, he is a member of this forum and he made the transaction very easy, and since this was my first purchase like this I really appreciate him making it easy.

sanson

sig quality is a major step above keltec or bersa. I also feel safe packin'.380 / how do I put a pic directly on the post? gotta show-off my tiny pony:)

Baphomet

Not my pistol, not my pic, but it makes my mouth water (more than USUAL!) every time I see it:

Sig_232_on_vest_1_640.jpg

I mean... come ON!!

trooper3385

Nice pistol. How did you like how it shoots. I have one identical to that. The hogue grip with the finger grooves makes it fit your hand alot better. I carry mine in an ankle holster inside my boot when I'm working the road. I thought at first that it would be to heavy for an ankle holster, but since it fits inside my boot, it works out fine. After carrying it for a couple of days, you don't even feel it there.

NCHornet

I have seen that pic above with the wood grips, but the Hogue grips feel way to good in my hand for me to even think of taking them off. This gun is a shooter as soon as I got it I went in the backyard right at dusk, placed a pop can at about 20-25ft and sent it flying with 7 out of 7 shots, yeah I was happy!! The only thing I don't care for is the lack of contrast between the night sights and the SS sight ramp, if this was a blued gun it wouldn't be an issue, but the lack of contrast makes locating the front sight in a hurry. I may switch to Meprolights, as they come in the bright colors. I like bright green for the rear and orange for the front. It came with a very nice Fobus ankle holster, but I wear cowboy boots 90% of the time so I am selling the ankle holster. I am odering a Don Hume 721OT for it and a Nemisis pocket holster.

For posting pics you first need to upload your picture to a hosting site like photobucket.com. Then copy the URL that they give you for the pic, then in your post click on the image icon, it will give you a place to type in the URL from photobucket, once typed in, click ok and the pic will be there.
Good Luck.

Spenser

Nice indeed.

I've had more than a passing acquaintance with the blued version. I've heard the stainless actually handles better, since it's a bit heavier.

Can't go wrong with sigs.

blume357

It is a heavy pistol for it's size...

glad to know there are a number of folks who feel the same way about this pistol as I do. I was looking for a simi-auto in 380 for concealed carry and could not decided between a Walther and the Sig... went to our local gun show over a year ago and had too much money and found both and could not decide. So, I bought both. The little Walther is okay but it doesn't quite match up to the Sig 230 with Hogue grips.

I wish Sig had made the same pistol in straight 9mm. the 239 is close but not quite there... they should have just used the 232 frame.

AK103K

I've had a PPK and a PPK/S and never thought they compared to the SIG's. The SIG's are lighter, much more comfortable to shoot with, dont tear your hands up, and have a DA trigger that is something to marvel at.

I have a P239 in 357SIG and while its about the same size as my P230, it is quite a bit beefier than it. The 9mm version is only slightly smaller. The P239, even in 357SIG is very easy to shoot well with and not unpleasant to shoot. 9mm is even nicer. SIG must have had a reason for not beefing the P232's up.

NCHornet

The P232 is a straight blow back design so sure you feel the recoil but it is hardly harsh. Follow up shots can be done just fine. The Hogue grips help out a lot. Some have reported a "slide bite" with factory grips but all say the Hogues fixed this. I am sure the recoil would be much worse in the smaller P3AT, or NAA units. My 12 year old daughter has no problem shooting it, so it can't be that bad!

AK103K

I prefer the stock factory grips myself, they are less snaggy and a little slimmer than the rubber aftermarket grips. My SIG's have never bit me, and are nothing like the Walthers. The Walthers had "fangs" at the rear of the slide, the SIG has been defanged. I also find the SIGs have less felt recoil than the Walthers, even though they are lighter. I think the design of the SIG's grip is what makes the difference.