Saving some for the next guy.

gnystrom

Not only do I leave it for others, but I also pass the information on to customers that come into our range (we do not sell ammo).
Yesterday I gave 100 rounds of my personal 22lr to a new shooter that came in with the only box they could find.

FunGramps

Two days ago I went to buy .22s at my usual outlet in town, who, during tese times, have "reasonable" ammo prices.

They have a one box per caliber per customer rule. No .22s that day, but only five 100 round boxes of Winchester white box .40 cal. ball, for $49.00.

I don't have a .40, but took one anyway, thinking I might haggle with it with someone for some .22s. I thought again as I headed for the checker, thought about the folks coming in who really needed .40s, and returned the box.

Each their own philosophy on this, but I felt selfish and greedy. So, there's that.

rickyrick

No one should feel selfish or greedy for something that is not required to live.
I have enough ammunition that was purchased in times of plenty so I don’t have to buy when there is a shortage.
It’s like needing to play tennis but you have no tennis balls. Move on and feel fortunate that you even have that problem.

If you want to buy a TV, and there is only one left in stock, do you leave it out of guilt or shame?
To me this notion is crazy.

FunGramps

No one should feel selfish or greedy for something that is not required to live.
I have enough ammunition that was purchased in times of plenty so I don’t have to buy when there is a shortage.
It’s like needing to play tennis but you have no tennis balls. Move on and feel fortunate that you even have that problem.

If you want to buy a TV, and there is only one left in stock, do you leave it out of guilt or shame?
To me this notion is crazy.
The national forecast says cloudy, with an increasing chance of need. :)

rickyrick

I get that, for sure.

But... if it gets to the point that ammunition becomes needed for survival, the country has degraded to a point that it doesn’t matter anymore.