Savage Shotguns

Marquezj16

I took a closer look and I was not impressed. Fit and finish looked and felt cheap. Where the stock met the receiver was not flush. I looked at the barrel and it said Manufactured in the PRC (Peoples Republic of China) Imported by Savage USA. Might not be the exact words but something like it. I could not rack the bolt because there was a trigger lock on it and the salesperson could not loosen it up or remove it due to store policy (not his fault). The forend rattled and felt very plastic. I was hoping it would at least feel ok but it just did not feel right. I guess I will not buy this one.

I did look at the Benelli Nova Tactical and that was pretty impressive. However, the LOP on it seems a tad long for my reach.

So the hunt for another shotgun continues.

BTW, I have two 870s (Express 7 rd and Shurshot Turkey), a Beretta A3901 and a Weatherby PA-08. I don't know why I need another but I keep looking for that "Tactical Shotgun" with ghost ring sights.

oneounceload

Since it's a copy of the Ithaca 37, it's a good design then. But I guess how well it was manufactured would determine it's reliability.

I know we are suppose to buy US made products but if you look around, it's getting harder and harder to.

The US version is made in Ohio now

It isn't hard to buy American - it is just don't want to spend the money - they would rather spend XXX on something from China then double that from a US maker