Savage Freaks Show Your Savages!!!!

Metal god

Top - FCP-K

Bottom - MK2 FV

aop4.jpg

Last edited:

taylorce1

Skarekrow88 said:
How do I post pictures without having to attach them?

You have to open an account with a picture hosting web site like Photobucket, Myhostedpics, or Snapfish. Upload your photos to your page on one of these sites and then you can copy and paste the HTML code to post a photo without attaching the file. The HTML code will look something like this:

Of course there will be a web address inbetween the two brackets ( ]web address here[ ). Once you do that you'll be able to post pictures witout using the attachment option.

PoiDog

This is my most accurate rifle, in 6mmBR.

It started out as a Savage 12 BVSS, but was customized by an unknown gunsmith. It has a 1 in 12" barrel 24" long, 1-1/4 at the muzzle. The trigger is set at just under 2#. The scope mount is a Ken Farrell 20 MOA in case I get frisky and go long range with it.

I put a Bushnell Elite 6-24x40 on it. Very nice scope, liked it so much I bought another one for another rifle.

The load it shoots best is: Lapua brass, 30.5 grains of Varget, CCI BR primers, and Berger 80 grain bullets. I load them just short of the lands.

Best group so far measured .200" for 5 rounds at 100 yards. That's fantastic for me, although not for seasoned bench rest shooters.

Attachments

• 6mmBR at range.jpg
    6mmBR at range.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 73

mongo356

Fly Shooter

I have a target shot with a .223 11FHNS & a VX1 scope set on 6x.

I was goofing off at the range went 1-6 on flies at 100yard from a sand bag rest off the hood of my pickup truck. 55gr Sierra & range pick up brass fired out of a AR15. I won't try and tell you it was pure skill, probably mostly luck but I thought still kinda neat for a varmint barrel gun. The group at the top was just making empty brass, not a representation of actual accuracy.

All the Savage rifles I have seen shoot very well.

Last edited:

Radar

My custom rimfires

Up front is a MKIIBV, and behind is a 93 BTVSS .22WMR.
Both are set in Boyd's Evo SS stocks, with DIP trigger guards and heavy mag plates.
Scopes are a Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14X40 on the 93, and a Bushnell 6-18X50 on the MKII. Both are mounted on DIP rails with Burris sig zee rings...

PVL

Here is my stainless-steel .243 Winchester, with 24" "magnum" weight barrel from the Savage custom shop.

I have added a new bolt handle from Brownells, and a Nikon 4-16x42 side-focus scope with BDC reticule.

( click image to see it larger )

It's favorite load:

70 grain Nosler ballistic tip
47 grain H4350
@ 3450 fps.

Here's a recent five-shot group at 100 yards.

It weighs ten pounds with the scope and would make a fair varminter - but I just shoot paper with it. Accurate enough to challenge you, and no noticeable recoil. Lots of fun for the whole family.

Every three rounds, a bore-snake wet with Hoppes #9 goes through it to clean and cool it.

Skarekrow88

IMG_2778_zpsd1a6b1e2.jpg

Just put the Levang Linear Compensator on my Mark II FV-SR. Haven't shot it with the comp just yet but hopefully it actually does something besides look good

pbcaster45

My main hog rifle, a Savage Model 11 with a PAC-NOR .338 Federal barrel. Only the action and trigger guard are factory...

CustomSavageModel11338Federal.jpg

And the Smurf Rifle (.223 Remington)

SmurfRifle-01.jpg