Safety Warning - Taurus 145SSP

Gortex

They, the gun store, told me they bought 50 Pro Mils some were blued and some stainless and the stainless ones had optical sights for a total cost of $349 the blued ones cost $379 go figure.

Here is where I purchaed it.
Blyth's Sporting Goods 2810 North Calument Avenue
Valparaiso, IN 46383 Phone: 219/476-0026

KAISER SOZE

Well it seems that when the dealer talks to their distributor they can order it whichever way they want. I was talking to my old boss that owns a gun shop here in Florida. He had ordered some Pro 145's that came with N/S from a company called PT Night Sights. He ordered them from Davidsons If I'm correct. From what I can gather from their website they are significantly cheaper. I was always a good employee of his so he even through in an X2 tactical laser light at half his cost. Two of my friends have Millennium Pro's also, but they make fun of mine because it looks pimped out with the bright sights and X2 mount on it.

Fremmer

I called the gun store where I purchased it to see what the deal was. He said that he has sold about 50 of the PT 145 and that I am the second one that has had that problem (or noticed it). He stated he would order me another one and he said it just snaps in place behind the firing pin.

How about this: ask him whether he will take the gun back, and whether he can give you store credit for another gun. I know that this is a lot to ask (and I'm not even sure whether the gunstore owner can do this or not -- the gunstore is not to blame for this), but this strikes me as a design/engineering problem. If the gun is new and is already falling apart and flinging parts at your eyes, I would consider getting an entirely different gun -- and probably made by a different manufacturer!

KONY

Got my Mil Pro used and it has the dust cover. Have shot several hundred rounds without it flying at me.