Safety Reminder

polyphemus

Richard Lee says in his book that the Lee Loader "held the Guinness record for the world's smallest group for over seven years." As impressive as that is,the
idea of using a hammer to pound reloading components in cancels the appeal
of world class shooting.But that's just me.

F. Guffey

That must be some kind of microscope you got to be able to tell the number of strikes in those primers,anyway what is the point of your story?

My friend said every shooter at the range with a 30/06 rifle had a go at firing the failed to fire cases. The primers had no less than 5 strikes each.

I have been accused of building booby traps, I have never denied the accusation because I have never felt the practice was necessary because boobys are too easy to catch. A friend at the range said everyone at the range with a 30/06 rifle had a go at the failed to fire.

Is it that you got a better rifle? or that you can take factory ammo,break it down and repair it reusing the components?
I'm sure that there's something useful to be learned from it I just don't get it.

I have rifles with killer firing pins, meanwhile back to the range, I was asked about Remington ammo, I said call Remington, the phone number is on the box. The failed to fire ammo shows up without the box, forget calling Remington. I was impressed with the fired cases, I was impressed with the components, first with dimensions and weight. All 5 failed to fire primers fired, after all that abuse, what did I get out if it? I received 20 Remington cases that fit my chamber gage and would chamber in any 30/06 chamber I have.

With no contact for the shooter and proud owner of the new Ruger and Remington ammo and no info from the Remington box we decided everyone at the range was spreading the rumor about 'bad ol Remington ammo'. And I believe if I had taken one of my M1917s to the range and got at the end of the line of 30/06 rifles the primers would have been crushed and fired. We will never know if removing the primers and reinstalling them 'fixed-um'.

F. Guffey