S&W SIGMA Trigger Pull

chiefr

I fired a S&W Sigma 40. I could not help but notice the trigger pull is a ridiculously high; around 12 pounds or more. Does anybody know of any fixes or aftermarket parts out there to lighten the trigger pull?

Leejack

Just practice, it gets better as you go.

The trigger does what it was designed to do.

Now, you'll run into some rocket scientists on the internet that will try to talk you into using ball point pen springs, etc., forget all that nonsense.

Shoot it and have fun. If you don't like it, sell it.

bossman

It is a great gun for the price. Yes the trigger takes some getting used to, but mine shoots anything without a hiccup. It's an inexpensive gun that works everytime. Better trigger = more money, remember you get what you pay for. You didn't pay very much for a worhhorse of a gun,IMO.

Te Anau

The Sigma is a great gun and may just have the perfect DAO trigger for a defensive handgun.If people could just stop expecting it to act like a 1911,everything would be fine.

zachkuby87

Just shoot it I have 2 sw9's one is the sw9f and the other is an sw9ve the sw9f has a few thousand rounds through it the trigger is smooth now and id say half the pull of the sw9ve that only has 500 rounds through it. The sw9ve has improved a little already.

BigBrute

I'm just spitballing here, but I seem to remember reading about a way to replace the trigger spring in a Sigma with one from a Glock. You'd have to talk to a gunsmith for specifics probably, but it was supposed to really reduce the trigger pull. Again, I'm going from memory here.

stoney64

Go to a S&W forum, I had a Sigma and found on the forum the removal of a certain spring helps but I don't remember which one but it was easy. You do get used to the pull though and they are nice guns so don't give up too soon.

Sigmas are excellent. The trigger smooths out and lightens up. My 40VE holds 15+1rnds of "fight stopping forty", is only 21oz, thinner than glocks, has a very good grip, and shoots very accuratly with the right loads. I notice it is more accuracy picky than other guns, mine shoots 180gr around 4"s at 15yards, 135gr HST shoots an inch easily. In the 3000rnds I've put through, mine has had 0 jams and shows almost no signs of wear.

Vermonter

this is my truck gun

I posted a ra.nge report here about how much i actually like it. I got a used one and the trigger seemed rough to me. Now it feels no different than a revolver. I dry fired the ever loveing hell out of it ( I like to fire at the tv for a moving target feel) and i put about 500 through it. It seemed very lightly used however it is so durable i have no way of telling how many rounds were shot through it.

I love having 40 s& w with me as well.

jimbob86

Where to begin?

Sigmas are excellent.

For? I think the "12 shot revolver" comment was accurate: if you can't manage a SA trigger, or even a good striker fired contraption (some folks are just more "bull in a china shoppe" than other folks.....), then hey, maybe this is the thing for you: unless I am mistaken, replicating the long heavy pull of a DA revolver, but with double the capacity was the "Raison d'être" of the Sigma ....... a hardware solution to a software problem .......

The trigger smooths out and lightens up.

and

shows almost no signs of wear.

don't jive ..... consistant or not? Does it lighten with use or does it stay the same? How much does it lighten?

I'm thinking that if you wanted a light, smooth, consistant pull, you would not start with a Sigma ........

chiefr

As the OP for this one, I asked the question of lightening the trigger pull on a S&W Sigma. I did not say I owned one or was about to purchase one.

For those who offered solutions instead of cynicism: Like; spring maintenance, firing it more, the SW Forum, and having some work done on the gun -- thanks.