S&W model 36 no dash, mid '70s?

Hammer nose springs in Smith & Wesson revolvers are very uncommon. Apparently only a few early models were so equipped and it was dropped fairly quickly after it was found that it simply wasn't necessary.

I'm not even sure that the Model of 1899, the original K frame Military & Police, had a hammer nose spring.

bedbugbilly

Congrats! You'll like that Model 36. I bought my 36 snub maybe ten years ago. IIRC, I think I paid $300 for it - it was a sock drawer gun and in pristine condition - I don't think the previous deceased owner had ever shot it - a couple weeks later, the gun shop called me and said they had mistaken a 3" model 36 in on consignment. West down and bought it for $275 - it was in very good condition with very little wear. A nice one to carry on the farm for critters. I have concealed carry both and still do once in a while. I still have them and wouldn't part with either for love nor money. I am surprised at what they sell for now, but really not surprised - look at the crazy prices of things now. IIRC, when I bought my 36 snub, Smith was making them as a part of their "Classic" line and they were selling for $750 back then new.

Enjoy!

unit 900

I still have the nickle 36 I purchased in 1975 when I graduated form the Baltimore Police academy. I wanted a model 60, but they were like hen's teeth. The finish held up remarkably well given the hard use it endured. IIRC I paid about $115 for that baby.