S&W Model 27?

BigJimP

djcantr,

$ 950 isn't out of line on the price for a Nickel model 27 ...depending on the dash number ....especially if its a dash 2 or earlier...its worth $ 950 ...maybe more.

BillCA, I side lean anyway ....? ( bad knees, bad feet, some back issues / and I could carry it all day ... since I'm 6'5" and a svelte 275 lbs .../ but I'm just not as tough as I think I once was...

bds32

I like the N Frame Smith's the best. I've got 4 in .357. Two five inch, one four inch and one 3 1/2 inch. I love them all.

However, if you are going to shoot .357, you are going to have some pretty snappy recoil, even out of a N frame. But, if you are looking for something with less felt recoil, that your girlfriend could shoot well, yet a very solid defense gun, I recommend a K frame .38 special, like a model 10, 15, 64 or 67, in four inches. I have one of these and it shoots like a .22 it seems when shooting practice ammo. It is a lightweight gun also as compared to the n frames. There is some good .38 special defensive ammo out that should fit the bill for most situations.

You could also shoot .38 special out of your .357. I have to admit that I don't like shooting .38's out of a .357 due to the crud build-up in the cylinder and the short casings with longer ejector rod. If that is not a problem for you, then you might look at the used K frames in .357 or the L frames in addition to N frames.

trex1310

jepp2: That is a beautiful M27. I was kidding the guy. I have seen
plenty of 6-1/2" M27's. My fav is the 8-3/8" models.

old bear

IMHO, no other revolver compares to the M 27, M 27-2. I have two of them a 6"and a 5" both are a delight to shoot with anything from standard pressure 38 special ammo through Hot .357 Magnum loads. Of all the different barrel Lengths the 4 inch is the rarest. In collectors interest and price currently the 3 1/2", & 5" are number one and two.

If you really want an M 27-2 get one as soon as you can as prices have taken a jump again, and it does not look like they will be coming down anytime soon.