S&W Model 10-7 Nickel 5" Pencil Barrel

SaxonPig

IMO $500 sounds high. But I'm not the one shopping.

Actually, 45 Long Colt is correct. In the 1870s when the US Army had two 45 caliber revolvers the SAA ammo was designated Long Colt to separate it from the Schofield ammo. The term 45 long Colt continued for many decades. I recall commercial ammo boxes so marked when I was young.

WVsig

IMO $500 sounds high. But I'm not the one shopping.

Actually, 45 Long Colt is correct. In the 1870s when the US Army had two 45 caliber revolvers the SAA ammo was designated Long Colt to separate it from the Schofield ammo. The term 45 long Colt continued for many decades. I recall commercial ammo boxes so marked when I was young.

If it was closer to $400 I would have bought it already. The prices on S&W pinned guns are really moving up. Bud's is selling beat Model 10s for $339 for 3" guns and $319 for 4".

lamarw

Things to consider as to why $500.00 out the door could be reasonable:

1. You have had a chance to examine the revolver; therefore removing all the risk of what you are getting for your money. This is of value.

2. You are not having to pay shipping cost.

3. FFL cost is covered.

4. Taxes are covered.

All of us agree the Model 10 is a most desirable and wonderful revolver to own. The price will be insignificant once you own it.

The blue book says about $400.00 plus $12.00 more for the nickel model. The
blue book is notoriously low compared to real world.

Joe_Pike

I literally just won a S&W 10-7 with a 4" barrel on GB for $248 shipped. I'm shocked it went that cheap. Grips are not original (Pachmayr) but they say the gun is in excellent condition.

ThomasT

Good for you joe_pike. does your gun have the heavy barrel or the pencil barrel? Sorry Saxon, I couldn't help myself.:D