S&W 30-06 Revolver...thats what Im talkin about.

DiscoRacing

Anyone have a take on this idea???!!... After running many rounds thru my 500 and 460... I wonder if it would be possible chamber pressure/recoil wise...to have a S&W revolver in 30-06 caliber???:D

.. Would love to get my hands on one... wonder how I can talk em into it.:(:confused:

....or maybe something is wrong with me:rolleyes::eek:

aarondhgraham

I've fired a 30-06 handgun,,, Only one thing to say,,,

Ouch!

It was a TC Contender,,,
and it was "snappy" to say the least.

Contact the good folk at Magnum Research.

They make the BFR in 30-30,,,
Perhaps they will make you one in 30-06.

Can't hurt to ask.

Aarond

P.S. Where do you get these ideas?,,, You been huffing the Hoppe's #9 again?

DiscoRacing

P.S. Where do you get these ideas?,,, You been huffing the Hoppe's #9 again?

Idea... well that just came outta no where...popped into my head(theres lots of free space there) and it didnt really hurt anyway so I didnt mind.

Huffing.... no not really huffing...thats a harsh word for it... Tho I do like the smell... (reminds me of that guy on police academy using it for aftershave.)

cartridge set back would be a problem with the 30-06... you'd have better luck with a revolver in 458 win mag :eek: ( as far as set back is concerned anyway ) ( edit ) just in case someone were taking this serious... yes the belt would cause cartridge set back probably worse than the shoulder of the 30-06... I just used that cartridge as it is common... the 45-70, other similar beltless straight walled to very slightly shouldered round would be better

but you do realize the 30-06 would require an even longer cylinder than the 500... it wouldn't fit in an X Frame

make mine a 45-70 please :D

Last edited:

Doodlebugger45

A few times I've given thought to the BFR in 30-30 caliber because I like my .454 Casull and .480 Ruger that they made. But even the 30-30 seems like more than I really want in a revolver. I can't imagine a 30-06.

The Great Mahoo

I can just picture it now...

I think it would take the reputation away from the SP101. "The only 5-shot revolver than can kill 6 bears. You just beat the last one to death with the heavy gun." Imagine what they'd say about a 30-06 revolver :p

SPUSCG

Disco man do you like pain? You have all those handcannons, carry enough steel to sinck like a rock if you fall in a lake, and now want a -06 revovler?

DiscoRacing

Well alrighty then... I guess it was already around before me...
and..

... ya know that my first handgun was a Desert Eagle 44mag...:eek:

M.O.A.

u all need to look at the biggest hand gun in the world on Utube it chamberd in 600 nitro mag and its a real hand canon.

mikejonestkd

having spent time on the range with various encore pistol barrels in .270 win, .280 rem, .30-06, .308 win, .358 win and .45-70 I can accurately state that none of them are fun in a 5 lb encore. I shudder to think of a .30-06 revolver that weighs less than an encore....

DiscoRacing

Haveing spent six months with 500mag shooting 300 and 325grain bullets,,and 460mag shooting 275grain bullets.... I dont think that a -06 cartridge with only 150grain bullet would have that much more recoil...???

Or maybe Im overlookin something:cool:

Lighter bullet would have to be somewhat less recoil??:confused: