S&w 27-1 Pics!

I was just looking at one of those today. They are such cool guns. I bet you get a lot of use out of it. That one appears to have a very nice set of grips on it too.

pogo2

Comment on long barrel model 27

Playboypenguin said:

I was just looking at one of those today. They are such cool guns. I bet you get a lot of use out of it. That one appears to have a very nice set of grips on it too.

The model 27 with 8-3/8 inch barrel is a great gun for target shooting. The weight of the gun, long sight radius and light SA trigger make it seem like you are shooting a rifle. You can shoot very well with it if you are strong enough to hold the gun steady. .38s have hardly any recoil in it, and .357s seem milder than usual. At one time I had a 2x optical scope on the gun, but I found that I could shoot better offhand with just the iron sights. The scope was more useful if I was shooting off a rest.

lagavulin62

oh that is very nice. congratulations. I got to get one of those or either the model 19 before mid summer. no reason, I just set up these timelines to give myself focus.

WIN71

Old and Older

8 3/8 pre model 27, and a 27-2. The pre 27 gets shot a lot. The 27-2 is sitting in the safe until the grandson gets a few more years on him.

pre2727-2014-2.jpg