running it "wet"

jgcoastie

I've been using regular ATF (Auto transmission fluid) for the past few years, though I've recently switched to Royal Purple (synthetic) ATF for my vehicles and my guns. It's a little more expensive than regular ATF, but it's still far cheaper than the $5-$10/oz. that the "super-duper" gun oils cost.

Incognito

If you don't mind your rifle smelling like an auto shop, use automotive products. Personally I'd rather spend a few bucks more and get something more pleasant to use. TW25B is good stuff.
Here's an article on weapon lubrication by Larry Vickers (link).

tirod

http://grantcunningham.com/lubricants101.html

Just read it, YOU ALL SHOULD.

Being an auto parts guy, I already knew ATF was good stuff. Think about it, it's used in automatic transmission, but did you know Dodge has used it in manual boxes since the '70s?

Ok, think more, won't shear off sliding gears, handles 400hp Hemi's, and sits in the box for 15 or 20 years or so before getting changed. Is that a long term storage or use? Yep.

Grease is nice on BCG's, but if you wipe it down after every shoot, a small bottle with ATF is a lot easier and better to handle than a tub or tube of grease.

ATF is the way to go. Priced like Rem Oil, it should be $14.99 a quart. Quick, save $10 and get Dexron III for $4.99 at your local auto parts supplier!

Just remembered, my neighbor moved last year and gave me half a gallon free.