Rumor on the AR15 supplies

garryc

No, but in the past they have showed things as out of stock or on back order. I have a C+R so I can see there dealer prices. The colts are way over priced

Last edited:

Erik

Has there been a recent run on AR rifles? Yes.

Does that mean there won't be more opportunities to purchase them in the future? No.

jager

Sooner or later everyone will have what they percieve they want or need. They will discover that they purchased these ARs at hyperinflated prices . The shops will have ramped up production to meet the demand, will find their inventorys glutted and they will have to dump them on the market when tax time comes around. All those folks that have spent their retirement on this stuff..... There will than be those that will be those out there , with the cash to low ball them , you know what happens than.... After all , most of the gas prices today are below $2.00 a gal..... stocks have lost 50% ... yada .
Those with the cash be patient.. :D

itman

I keep hearing there’s a run on the gun stores and .223 ammo can't be found.
I was in Gander Mt. to day and they had the same ARs they always do and all the .223 you wanted.

I keep thinking that it's all hype. Maybe i should sell my AR for $2,000... Anyone?

Didn't think so.

SKM&P9

My neighbor spoke to a sale rep from DPMS the other day. Was told they have backorders for over 40,000 AR uppers ! I saw a business report that stated in the 3 weeks leading up to the election, and the 2 weeks after, handgun and rifle sales were up by 6,000 %. For a president who wants to take the guns away, he sure is popular with the dealers !!!!

MeekAndMild

This is outrageous to say the least. I say we all hop on our private jets and beg on bended knee that Congress give us bail out money! Its for the children! :rolleyes:

540mope

A mere handful of people "panic buying" is one thing, but the sheer # of people buying up arms and ammo indicates that there is a legitimate reason to worry about what is yet to come.

I live in Illinois and know all about the almighty t urd Odumma's deep seated hatred of guns, and legit gun owners.
In the last 6 months I have purchased a second Rock River AR, a ****load of spare AR and Glock hi-cap mags, and i'll continue buying what i can afford...especially ammo.

T.A.Sharps

I will admit I think it is not as bad as people are thinking and acting. Which makes it worse, ever since Obama was running everyone started talking about a new AWB, and how you better buy one now.

I think all the panic buying here will act as an enabler in some way to a new AWB, like people are already willing to accept one.

Kurt+P+

Went to the local sporting goods store this morning and they had 5 Bushmaster AR-15 carbines in stock but they were priced at around $1300.00 a piece. Bit expensive if you want my opinion. Can't find AK-47 clones anywhere.

BillCA

If you're seeing product on the shelves, then that's the stuff they ordered ahead of time and stocked up.

I checked the websites of 3 different distributors and found that between the three of them, they had just 4 AR's, No Springfield M1A's, no PTR's, low supply of Glocks (mostly .45 GAP), 3 CZ-75's and not very many [less than 30] 1911's.

These distributors usually have 30-50 of most models and now we're seeing zero. This fits what other FFLs are saying -- the high demand is draining out the supply chain.