Rumor on the AR15 supplies

Logs

Heard a rumor today from a dealer that Bushmaster and Rock River were willing to give dealers / distributors 120% above what they paid to return lowers, kits, and other parts so they can make complete rifles. Is it getting that bad with the AR Market?????

SR420

I don't know about the offer to buy back parts, but the current AR market is insane!

$1200.00 LE 6920s are selling for over $2K :eek:
I should have purchased a dozen months ago.

I bet my Noveske / POF middy would bring over $3K when finished...

AzNFree

I went in to my local indoor range/tactical supply here in AZ when they opened at 9am last saturday. the walls were full when i went in and they were down to 3 AR's when i finished an hour later! insane.....

Today's liberals wish to disarm us so they can run their evil and oppressive agenda on us. The fight against crime is just a convenient excuse to further their agenda. I don't know about you, but if you hear that Williams' guns have been taken, you'll know Williams is dead. -- Walter Williams, Professor of Economics, George Mason University.

rogertc1

They are selling at that price because the supply is drying up.
I bet when more AW come out the prices will be up a lot more than they were brfore NOV 4

Topthis

Its an overreaction in my opinion. Still, I have found a few stores that have decided not to gouge their customers and have not increased their AR's or any of their "Assault" rifles too much...I'd say one store only increased their guns by 10%, while Gander Mountain raised their price of the Springer M1a SoCom II to just over $2k which just makes me appreciate my local gunstores that didn't gouge soooo much more that I went and bought one from them. It is supply and demand though and we do live in a Capitalistic Society (not complaining).

Wildalaska

Supply and demand=I have many, I discount

Supply and demand=I have one, I sell at MSRP

Hoarding/Gouging=I have one, you have non, I double the price.

I want to KEEP folks coming back after this CRAP is finished. Ergo, I refuse to gouge

WildbepatientAlaska ™

SR420

There is nothing wrong with profiteering.

If someone is willing to pay a higher price for a hard
to find item that is in high demand - there is no foul.

armoredman

There are two shops in town with EBRs, one with a DPSM AR and the other with multiple AKs. The AK prices doubled. The AR is still $1200, if I saw the tag right, I wasn't looking closely.

jpwilly

I picked up a DPMS 308 here in AZ for regular price. Shop owner didn't try to price gouge me on it. BUT the PMC 5.56 55gr fmj ammo they have in stock (half a pallet) went from $379 to $500 per 1000K overnight...ouch!

kiloxj

Nice

Supply and demand=I have many, I discount

Supply and demand=I have one, I sell at MSRP

Hoarding/Gouging=I have one, you have non, I double the price.

I want to KEEP folks coming back after this CRAP is finished. Ergo, I refuse to gouge

WildbepatientAlaska ™

Reason only visits those who welcome it.

“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers”

http://www.hyperarts.com/pynchon/gravity/index.html

More and more however I find myself with better things to do than trying to teach opera to pigs, or change minds that are already closed.

Great analogy. RRA's are going up bc of quality. Colt's are expensive b/c they are a commodity and for the fact they are colts. There is not a shortage of production but when you get picky in anything you might have to wait a little longer. Also people try to charge more when they dress up a M4 with UTG crap and sell as if it is LMT or YHM quaility and people go for it. Its a relatively new market since everyone thinks they have to "Pimp their AR". Colt, Bushamaster(until remington take over manugacturing in Jan) and RRA use quality parts like Wilson Combat and undergo testing longer than the factory casing they send us now. AR supply and demand now is like ammo was when the manufacturers couldnt keep up with the demand so 1000 rds of wolf was 350 a case. NOw back down to $2-220. So if you took an economics class and know quality from qaunity then if you can make a profit do so, just dont let people try to run the gun businesss like a car dealership. What happend to the good ole days, oh yea i guess too many thaught it was time for a change. On that note another reason for the ar market panic can be viewed at howobamagotelected.com. That sight brought tears to my eyes, its truly pittiful. like my spelling

SR420

It's not like anyone is being forced at gun point to pay higher prices.

The consumer can always walk away and make the purchase another day.

spodwo

The consumer can always walk away and make the purchase another day.

Yah - but you have soooo many saying "oh the sky is falling" and IF you don't buy now - you are out of luck".

Or even this thread...

"Heard a rumour..."

Exactly. It's stuff like this that winds up being told or read by people and then it is everywhere that the rumour is in point - a fact.

Verify.

The internet is a huge wasteland of "Lies, damned lies, and statistics"

Skans

The more AR's, AK's, FAL's, Aug-Clones, HK-clones, and other millitary styled rifles people buy, the harder it become later on to tell a nation of gun owners to turn them all in.

I hope people keep on buying guns - vote with your wallet. Gun and ammo manufacturers are enjoying a good economy right now, and I'm glad for them.

rogertc1

Having lived thru the 1994 AW ban and not haveing the funds to buy back then. Now I do. I have been buying up for the last 2 years since O was a threat. No regrets and I have lots of guns and ammo.
The sky has already fallen spodwo. Low prices are already history.
Fact
Wait until O is in and starts to take action.

rogertc1

All it says on SOG link is

Click Here for Price

Is that what they told you? I used to buy from them when I had my FFL way back when.