Ruger SR9 pics & video

dwatts47

I've never heard the phrase "just like a 1911" used so much to descibe a pistol that wasn't a 1911. :barf:

If I had been talking on the phone to my buddy about the new ruger pistol and he said 1911 that much I'd hang up on him. I'd hang on him for using 'just like a 1911' to describe a 'brand new' pistol.

I'd assume he had gone temporarily insane to be that excited about something so new, thats so much like something old.

For those among us that neither like Rugers or 1911's, nothing could make us want either one less except maybe putting them together.

At least Gaston will never say any of his products are 'just like a 1911'

rantingredneck

Good Lord they moved the safety to the frame! And it's 17 round capacity! Slim, light, CCW'able.

OK what have I got in the safe right now that I can sell? hmmmmm.......

rantingredneck

I was kinda hoping they'd tell us what the trigger pull weight was. That would be my only concern. I'm a traditional DA/SA guy though who can shoot DA as well as SA though so as long as it isn't Sigma like :barf: I should have no problems. Sorry for you Sigma fans but I absolutely hated that trigger.

Here are the specs:

http://www.downrange.tv/ruger/specs.htm

Caliber: 9mm Parabellum (9mm x 19)
Capacity: 17+1, 10+1
Barrel: 4.125’’ Stainless Steel Weight: 26.5 oz. (w/empty
magazine)
Overall Length: 7.55’’
Overall Height: 5.52’’
Overall Width: 1.27’’ (over safety thumb levers)
Trigger Pull Weight: 6.5 lbs.
Trigger Pull Length: .48’’
Slide Finish: Brushed Stainless
Slide Material: Through-Hardened Stainless Steel
Frame Material: High Performance Glass-Filled Nylon
Comes with black polyethylene, blow-molded case; instruction manual; external locking device; and two magazines.

IdahoG36

WoW! A polymer framed pistol with a striker fire design! OMG what will they think of next?!?!
Well, you know what they say, better late then never. It's about time Ruger produced a handgun not the same dimensions as a cinderblock. I may have to check it out.

rantingredneck

Yeah I just posted over on THR about one in .45. Wonder if Ruger will finally introduce a .45 with a capacity higher than 8. If they can fit 17 rounds into that slim of a grip I wonder how many .45's, 10, 12?

rantingredneck

Well it has the loaded chamber indicator but does it have the mag disconnect? If it doesn't, it won't be approved for sale in CA.

Yeah it does. They mentioned it in one of the videos linked. I think they were trying to downplay that part though since that seems to be the one thing everyone hates on the 345. Though I don't mind mine so much.

The Body Bagger

Yeah I just posted over on THR about one in .45. Wonder if Ruger will finally introduce a .45 with a capacity higher than 8. If they can fit 17 rounds into that slim of a grip I wonder how many .45's, 10, 12?

What you're asking for is the impossible. Its designed as a 9mm from the get go. Slim frame and slim slide. A .45acp chambered version will be just like S&W's M&P, larger.

rantingredneck

Granted it would be somewhat larger to accomodate a larger barrel and longer cartridge, but I'd still like to see what they could do with a hicap .45 version of this pistol.