Ruger SR9 "E"

Fishbed77

I'll be on board when they ditch the manual safety and mag disconnect.

My brother owns an SR9, and it's a well-made, ergonomic, reliable, and very accurate pistol, but those two "features" just kill it for me.

Fishbed77

the mag disconnect is not difficult to remove.. if that helps.

Unfortunately, that doesn't rectify the issue of the unnecessary manual safety.

I am not of the flawed mentality of "if you don't like the safety, don't use it." If a defensive pistol has a manual safety, it must be part of your training to sweep it off, regardless of how you carry.

That is the main reason I've ignored the M&P Shield so far. But know that a safety-less version is available...

tahunua001

is it so difficult? sweeping off is not difficult to train for and not easy to forget once you have it down. if you sweep off while drawing you lose no precious response time and if you are carrying a glock of springfield then all you're doing is sweeping the slide

SVTCobra306

Very nice price point.. looks like S&W is about to have trouble selling the SD9, assuming Ruger keeps their trigger the same (and why wouldn't they?)

Venom1956

Just got the 3301 model...stainless over polymer. Accurate, nice trigger which should get better. No jams. Tried the "feel" at Academy for the SR9, the M&P and the Glock side by side. The SR9 has a slim grip, like a single stack almost which I favored. The compact model may also be worth looking at:
You do realize the 9E is a superior version to the SR9 and SR9c as a combat pistol correct?

It removes all the needless 'safety features' that were found on the original.

bubbaturbo

Venom1956 said: "It removes all the needless 'safety features' that were found on the original."

What besides the loaded chamber indicator?

Fishbed77

You do realize the 9E is a superior version to the SR9 and SR9c as a combat pistol correct?

It removes all the needless 'safety features' that were found on the original.

No it doesn't.

The 9E still has the unnecessary thumb safety and magazine disconnect.

lee n. field

The 9E still has the unnecessary thumb safety and magazine disconnect.

Does it or does it not have the magazine disconnect? I've seen nothing definite on Ruger's page, just a lack of mention of it.

Venom1956

I've read that the mag disconnect is gone... it wasnt an article or anything but If its not i'll be quite disappointed.

The manual safety doesn't bother me as much as it troubles u fish ;)