Ruger SR9 "E"

lee n. field

Ruger slips in a new model.

SR9 E

"Everything you need and nothing you don't"

Looks like for this model they've dropped the loaded chamber indicator and gone with a fixed rear sight. But they retain the thumb safety. I can't tell if the magazine disconnect is still there.

Interesting.

Uncle Malice

Interesting. The 9E rear sight looks like it backs up all the way to the rear of the slide as opposed to hanging out way up front like on the standard model. I like that idea.

doofus47

Uncle Malice
The 9E rear sight looks like it backs up all the way to the rear of the slide as opposed to hanging out way up front like on the standard model. I like that idea.
I wonder if you could buy that part to put onto the sr9c

marine6680

When it comes to center fired pistols...

I think Ruger has found a little niche... Budget conscious first time buyers.

External safeties, even on a pistol that really doesn't need one... Can give new inexperienced buyers a warm and fuzzy. The lower cost is easier to digest as well.

As a hypothetical... If you have a man who is married, has a kid or two... Never really been around firearms, nor has the wife... And now he wants to get one for whatever reason. Its much easier to get the wife to agree if the price is lower and she feels the gin is designed with safety in mind...

And that market is growing all the time.

jasmith85

This may make me buy one of the SR series depending on the street price. In my neck of the woods the SR9 is about $400 plus tax and going by the website the regular SR9's MSRP is $100 higher than the SR9E. If that translates to around $300 plus tax for the SR9E I will definitely buy one.

Cost cutting features:
Doing away with the LCI
Blued finish
1 magazine
No plastic case
No loading tool
Fixed sights
Looks like they left the slide solid instead of contoured

I think I will be getting one soon

They probably saved a ton by not getting CA & MA approval

Last edited: