Ruger Precision Rifle

5RWill

https://instagram.com/p/5j-RSSmu2X/?taken-by=ryansreport
21l8rb8.jpg

Hunter Customs

tobnpr, nice rifle.

Even though I have no intentions of shooting in any type of rifle competition I'm giving series thought to purchasing the Ruger rifle being discussed, it looks like it would make a great longer range coyote shooter.

I'll choose mine to be in 243 as I'm already geared for handloading in that caliber.

I have an older 700 BDL Varmint heavy barrel in 243 that's a tack driver (3/8 inch at 100 yards) it will do everything I need for shooting coyotes at longer range.

However I like the AR style grip on the Ruger along with a couple of other features the Ruger has.

I certainly have nothing against Savage rifles as I have a heavy barrel Savage bolt gun in 223 that I'm very fond of.

I'm sure a Savage like tobnpr posted the picture of in 243 would make me very happy.

Hunter Customs

Blackops_2, thanks for posting the picture of the target shot with the Ruger rifle, I gotta have one now.

I noticed the load used for the test group was loaded with H4831.

I've been shooting IMR4831 in my Remington 700BDL Varmint with a 95 gr Nosler BT bullets so maybe working up an accurate load for the Ruger will not take a lot of doing, I may be able to use the same load in both rifles.

I've checked the distributors I normally deal with and none seem to have any of the Ruger rifles in stock right now, however I will be buying me one.

kraigwy

Is this a tactical rifle? Like a sniper rifle? Sure look the part.
Well I don't know that "tactical" users use this rifle and I doubt any sniper use it so I'd say no.

It is a Long Range Precision Rifle for the ever growing Long Range Precision rifle Matches.

Not a big fan of the "tactical" term, target rifle would better suit this rifle. I suppose it could be used for hunting then it could also be a hunting rifle.