Ruger LCR and J Frame

Mosin44az

Smith 638, right front pocket, even with jeans. As long as it's not sticking out, which it isn't, they can see a bit of a bulge if they're looking, but shouldn't see the gun outline. Uncle Mike's no. 3 pocket covers it pretty well.

Even better in cargo pants or shorts, which are looser. Pockets are bigger and I can kind of "spin" the 638 down into the pocket deeper so those standing behind at the Circle K can't see it. Doesn't print from the front.

It can be done as far as I'm concerned. The Airweights seem a bit less bulky than the LCR, though I see boot grips are coming out for the LCR which should help there.

And, since others do it: 6 foot 1, 230 lbs.

Nnobby45

I carry both my LCR and M642 in my front pants pocket all the time.

No, not both at once---one or the other.:D

Good holster? An inexpensive Uncle Mike's works fine.

I carry it in left pocket. Primary on right side. I visit the Dr., say, it stays there (or vest pocket), and the primary is secured in my vehicle.

Yes, if someone looks close, they can tell I have something in there. Don't know of anyone spotting it, so far--though, I did have a lady smile at me the other day. :D

ClydeFrog

Mika, Nemnesis, Blackhawk...

I agree with a few of the other members here. For your size & uses, you could carry a Ruger LCR or S&W J frame w/o major problems.
Check out the highly rated Mika holsters or the great DeSantis Nemnesis.
I used a lightweight, sticky Nemnesis with a Taurus Ti Protector in .357magnum.
If you want a simple well made concealment holster for a J frame, the Blackhawk SERPA could do well: www.Blackhawk.com .

CF

Sballard

The LCR is small, but not quite as small and thin as the LCP. It is a little harder to conceal in the pocket, but it can be done with the right fitting pants.

1goodshot

My new 442 rusted the cylinder pretty bad when exposed to only a little sweat, wish I would have bought something different.

Mosin44az

That's a shame. When did this happen? My 638 has scratches on the cylinder, but no corrosion. Do you use a holster?

Manco

1goodshot, the 442's cylinder is made of "old school" blued carbon steel, and needs to be treated with corrosion inhibitors (some oil at least) regularly. Did you do that?

Webleymkv

I'm 6'4" and about 300lbs, when I pocket carry, it's a S&W M36 in a Tagua Pocket holster. A couple of things I've learned about pocket carry: while tacky rubber grips might be nice for shooting, they're the devil for pocket carry because they stick to clothing and print. The best grips are wood or at least non-tacky plastic or rubber (I simply use the factory wood grips on my M36). Secondly, the gun will print some but the key is to get a holster that makes it look like something other than a gun. When I carry my M36, you can definately tell that there's something in my pocket, but it's not obviously a gun. Finally, speedstrips are a very convenient way to carry reloads. I carry a Bianchi Speedstrip in the watch pocket of my jeans.

Also, you don't want extremely tight jeans but you don't have to wear extremely baggy ones either. I typically wear "relaxed fit" jeans (no particular brand, I usually buy whatever is cheapest) and they seem to work just fine. The biggest thing to watch out for is jeans with extremely shallow pockets as that type will make the butt of your revolver want to peek out.

ROGER4314

I like the "J" frames and tried to pocket carry them. They are just a bit too large for my taste. I usually carry the LCP.

When it gets beastly hot in Houston, pocket carry is no longer viable. In fact, my wallet has been soaked completely through and I had to empty it out to dry everything! On those days, I carry a "J" frame in a fanny pack and put my wallet in the pack, too.

I've set out several times to buy an LCR but just couldn't do it. The "J" frames have me spoiled.

Flash