Ruger is announcing a new product tomorrow (most likely a handgun)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Single Six

Ruger's Upcoming Announcement

As of now, Ruger's website [Ruger.com] is advertising that they're starting off the new year "with a bang", with more info tomorrow. My guess is, they're finally bringing out a 1911 and have timed it to coincide with the Government Model's 100th birthday...but that's just my guess, and I could be wrong.....anyone else care to speculate?

Standing Wolf

Member in memoriam
Is there enough room on a 1911 pattern pistol to stamp all that safety crap?

I hate to say it, rattletrap1970, but there's more room on one side of a model 1911 slide than any five Ruger barrels. I predict that company's lawyers are going to have a field day.

jersey_emt

I received an email early this morning (01/01/2011) from Ruger, which stated:

RUGER HAS DONE IT AGAIN!

Manufacturer of the 2008, 2009 and 2010 Handgun of the Year
is starting 2011 with a bang!

(More Information Tomorrow)

As of now (2:00 AM EST 01/02/2011), the same message is displayed if you go to the Ruger website.

The fact that they mention Ruger winning Handgun of the Year in 2008, 2009, and 2001 would lead me to believe that a new handgun is going to be announced.

My guess would be a Ruger 1911.

IrishXD

I would have to agree, if anyone forgot about it (which i'm sure most of you haven't) this year marks the 100th anniversary of the 1911.

I am excited to see the line up for 1911's this year.

Oh yeah i'm new to the forums, hi everyone!

Usertag

Ruger 2011

That Is Awsome, They Make some great handguns. I hope It is a .45 acp Pistol or a Really Good Revoler. Like one With a whole brand new Design or muzzle Break. Some new patent to make it unique. Thank you for the information.

2cooltoolz

Well, I've personally never understood the concept of a "tactical" 22lr, but I bet that's a flash hider, not a muzzle brake.

Plus, I'd heard rumors of a new Ruger 1911. That's my bet, too.

egor20

2cooltoolz

Ahhhh, I looked with my glasses on this time (pain getting old), and I believe you are correct sir, still don't see the reason. Thx 2cooltoolz :cool:

Now back to the OP, I think it will probably be a 1911 also.

BTW, welcome IrishXD

Wildalaska

I think it will probably be a 1911 also.

Whooopie. More trade ins for Colts.:D

Don't go jumping all over them boys, within a year you will see them, whatever they may be , on GB for $299 :p

WildlikeevryotherrugerAlaska ™©2002-2010

IZinterrogator

egor20 said:
Not to hijack the thread, but I noticed they put a muzzle break on the 10/22.....ermmm WHY????
Why did Mossberg put a Barrett-style muzzle brake on a .22LR? Probably because they could.

plinkster-817-brake-bipod-38176-817withbrakescopebipod-3.jpg

shafter

I hope its not a big let down like last time. I'd love to see a no-frills 1911 thats as solid and dependable as their revolvers.

Amin Parker

If its a 1911 and the price is right, ill probably put my cash down for 3. A 45, 9mm and 40. I trust the Ruger brand enough to know that they wont make junk.

It has to be a true 1911 though.

SPUSCG

ruger, jsut like a colt without paying for the pony:p

Sorry, just when I see a 1000 dolalr colt with no frotnstrap checkering or night sights I think, Why?

I say a cast frame competitively priced 1911.
I can also say gunblast will have a review launched at the same time and say how SUPER DUPER MEGA AWESOME it is and then Ill have to wait for reviews from a credible source.

Last edited:
I suppose if Browning can bring out an "Anniversary Edition" of a scaled-down, .22LR caliber replica of a 1911 and emblazon it with all the anniversary crapola as if there had ever been an original scaled-down, .22LR caliber 1911 ... we shouldn't begrudge Ruger the opportunity to see how badly they can mess up a proven platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.