Ruger Charger "10/22 pistol"?

kristop64089

I'd be curious as to wht they are thought as a "waste of money"?...how so?
Mine is great for plinking, is dead nutz accurate at 50 yds. Can't wait to take it hunting.
100_0751.jpg

Maybe it is a waste of money for you...but I don't think that is the case for everyone.
It's an unconventional design, but not much different than a Remington XP-100(?), Savavge Stryker, T/C, or Encore. Just so happens this one is a .22lr

Last edited:

nicknitro71

I'm into handguns, not rifles.

I love shooting .22s despite that I have several larger caliber handguns.

I almost bought a Magnum Research Cuda but the price was a bit too steep. I have a Mark II 10" that I shoot with a sand bag and open sights, a Neos 6" with a red-dot that I use off-hand, so the Charger with the bipod and a scope was the perfect companion. I had a nice spare Bushnell variable handgun scope that I put on.

I love Rugers and this is no different. I've done a trigger job, replaced the trigger, auto-bolt mod, and now I got a nice 2.5 LBS trigger. I added a couple of 30 rounds mags.

I scoped it at 50 yards.

I just love shooting this thing! It's very accurate and just plain fun!

For 300 bucks it does not get any better!

kristop64089

ya know what they say about opinions.

This will amount to me arguing with my cousin. He only buys Rugers. Everything else is junk. He says that about EVERY OTHER GUN. of course he has no reason to say it, other than:
a). Ignorance
b). To be inflammatory.

If that is your opinion. Fine, but, why do you think they are a waste of money?(what is wasteful?). How is it any more of a waste than say a....Mosin?

nicknitro71

I have 9 handguns and all but my CCW are a waste of money (even my CCW thus far has been a waste of money because I've never had to put it to use in a real-life threatening situation).

They do not serve any purpose but enjoyment, I can live without them, I waste even more money in reloading and reloading supplies.

But guess what? It's my money I am wasting!

The Charger has been some of the best 300 bucks I've ever wasted!

celt777

Good pistol

I went to the range today, and I saw a guy with one of those. I had seen it before, but didn't think of getting it. He got a custom synthetic stock prototype from a guy in Florida, he designed i thimslef though. He had a Tasco target scope. This is the FIRST pistol I have ever shot, and I shot a 5 shot group you could cover with a nickel. He was suprised too, he is a competition target shooter that modifies his own guns.

Cold Steel

Just Became Legal in Maryland

Ah, but here about the best price I can find is $370 and one has to fill out mountains of paperwork. I had thought about getting one, but opted, instead, for a Butler Creek folding stock, a red dot sight, a stainless 10/22 I already had and some hi-cap magazines.

If Ruger had found a way to keep this thing down to $300 or if they'd produced it in stainless, I might have bit. But alas, not so. For one thing, I resent having to pay $370 when everyone else is paying $320. If I find I can't live without one, I'll buy it in another state and have it transferred here.

But really, despite the enticing videos, I have a difficult time judging what I'd do with it. It might have some value in using a car to brace it on, but having an extending stock and a scope, not to mention the stainless steel, is undoubtedly a better way to go.