Ruger Charger "10/22 pistol"?

carguychris

Does anyone have any opinions on the new Ruger Charger? I was a little surprised by it- I didn't know it existed before I saw it on Ruger's website while looking for something unrelated.

http://www.ruger.com/Charger/index.html

This thing appears, in short, to be a 10" barrelled 10/22 pistol! :eek: Looks like a nifty little toy, albeit one that I probably won't buy anytime soon, despite my large collection of 10/22 magazines. :cool:

[EDIT]Just noticed that Ruger, after many decades of 10/22 production, seems to have finally realized that 10/22 shooters might appreciates a mag release that is actually user-friendly! :rolleyes:

BlkHawk73

After all those mag releases are oh so difficult to change. :rolleyes: % minutes and you can change one out with whatever aftermarket design you choose. Even drill & tap the factory one for a threaded insert. After all those aftermarket ones can get up close to $25. ;)

I'm buying a Charger, proberly more than one and will liekly be changing the extended factory ones out anyways.

allenomics

I saw the Charger at a local gun show. Three dealers has it listed for between $250 and $299.

It's not for me, but I'm sure it will be useful for some and a novelty for others.

BATFE, I think Ruger is a fine company with very good firearms that most often makes good decisions; a company trying to stay in business in a very difficult and sue-crazy market.

rnr

I've got 3 10/22's. I think the charger is kinda cool... lots a fun to shoot, but I don't think I'll be getting one.

croc4

.17hmr !!!!!!!!

chamber it in one of the .17 cal rounds and that would be a nice little pistol, but for plain old .22lr I don't see a big draw to pick one up

tex45acp

Very sharp looking Ruger 10/22 pistol. I could however add a 10" barrel to my Browning Buck Mark Target and attach a bipod to the front stock and have pretty much the same gun. Still I really like that laminated stock.:D

carguychris

Has anybody here actually bought one, or is anyone planning to do so?

I think it's nifty-looking, but my 10/22 and 22/45 already do a fine job of punching holes in cans and blowing up the occassional bois d'arc apple. ;)

Pahoo

The 10/22 is a great platform and I plan on purchasing one of these. I'm going to assume that these do not come with trigger jobs but no matter as I do these anyway. They come an extended mag release that I can live with although, I too modify the the standard factory issued one and only have the my labor time in it. Remember that gun manufacturer have to keep coming up with something new and we as well are always looking. I like the look of it and the price is in line. Be safe !!!

voodoowraith

The Chargers the neatest thing I've seen in a while. I have an old Leupold handgun scope that's been needing a new home, the two should get along pretty good. Need to call my dealer and see if he can get one. If the price is right I know what I'm doing this weekend. Sure looks like a fun little gun:D

Perldog007

Freaky. The Mark II 6 7/8" was so accurate for me it makes me wonder what this platform would do. Looks like a nifty shooter for those with the itch.

hoytinak

I played with one today at gunshow here in NC. It feels great, the wood stock/grip is nice and comfortable plus it's free floating, it was well balanced. They wanted $320 for it...I'm seriously thinking about going back tomorrow and picking it up. Not sure what I'd use it for but man does it look like fun. :)

I don't like the target stock, think it would look better with something along the lines of an M1 Carbine Enforcer (not the Universal coke bottle grip), slim and trim. Cool, but kind of big. Always wanted a Tec 22 but knew it would jam and stutter ever other round. This might be what I really wanted in a .22 pistol.

ElrodCod

I don't think that they're practical. Too big for a holster...too small for a sling. Nothing but a bench plinker.

MEDDAC19

I think it would be great in .22 WMR or .17 HMR. Is the 10/22 receiver strong enough for .222 or .223? I think it would be a great varmint rig in the higher powered rounds. Agree or disagree?

ShootemDown

I think this would be great for some aftermarket parts makers to make it look better. I can see tapco making a short tactical stock and etc...