RIA 1911 10mm

Lurch37

I prefer to deal with the manufacturer's customer service before giving the final thumbs-up. But I don't know when I'm going to use them.

Hopefully you won't need to deal with them.:D

Like you, I recently picked up a less costly 1911 in 10mm, a Long Slide (6 inch) Girsan and am hoping to shoot it soon. I'm also hoping I won't have to use their CS.

Hawg

From what I've seen on various forums RIA has some of the best CS in the business. They have a lifetime warranty no matter who originally bought it. If you have any problem at all they will make it right. The CEO Martin Tuason is active on several forums. They have a modern factory in the Philippines with modern CNC equipment. Their CS headquarters is in Nevada so you don't have to send it to the Philippines for repair. They have two other factories in the US. Their ammo is made in the U.S. I do wish they offered better magazines. I do not like the ACT mags they come with.

bamaranger

post #10

See my post #10 regards magazines. My GI Rock Island 10mm shipped with one Metalform, which runs fine. Metalform apparently made 10mm mags for Ruger as well, both run fine in my pistol with a variety of bullet makes and shapes.

smee78

Glad you finally got to take it out for some range time, I'm sure the trigger will clean up some with some more rounds through it or with a few dry firing sessions.
I'm also in the Wilson Combat 47D club and pick one or two up when I find them on sale. They are my "go-to" 1911 mags.

Hawg

See my post #10 regards magazines. My GI Rock Island 10mm shipped with one Metalform, which runs fine. Metalform apparently made 10mm mags for Ruger as well, both run fine in my pistol with a variety of bullet makes and shapes.

The .A1 FS in .45 ACP comes with an ACT mag.

Dashunde

Fast forward a few months and that RIA 10mm is $637, so a $400 deal seems like a good one.

I like RIA 1911's but I can't stand PSA.. built one of their AR's and the parts kit came with 2 trigger groups, 2 of other parts, and missing several parts - I sent pictures of what I needed across 6 or so emails, they kept sending me trigger guards (like 3 of them) and never the parts I needed.
I cant abide that sort of bs ineptitude...

Northrider

Glad to know their CS is good because I have been looking at RIA's in 10mm for a while now.Thanks for all the great information.

Shoot Safe and Often