Rhino

Glenn E. Meyer

Sigh - just search.

9x21 is a round for countries where civilians can't own military rounds - ones used by the armed forces.

You can get Glocks chambered in it.

See, very easy to find out. Given the gun is Italian - that probably explains it.

Doubtful someone in the USA not truly being expert would know that. Or someone who can use the Google.

No need to panic.

Doubtful the gun would come here. Would it chamber a standard 9mmx19? Don't know that.

C0untZer0

I already did search - I identified the 9x21 as 9mm IMI (the Isreali round) in my post.

Does the Rhino fire 9mm IMI and 9mm Parabellum?

It may be that the rumor of a Rhino chambering 9mm - meant 9mm IMI - not 9mm parabellum.

Maybe they'll have something about it at SHOT show. (only 1 more day :D)

C0untZer0

Back in August Chiappa posted a video to YouTube that says:

The new Rhino 9mm / .357 combo and .40 S&W are here! Available in 2", 4", 5" & 6" barrel lengths (Availability may be limited in some barrel lengths) Contact your dealer today!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deh8IJqpu0I

So that sounds like the 9mm is not a separate gun, but just a cylinder conversion for a 357 Rhino.

They also said "contact your dealer today!" And that was back in August...

C0untZer0

Chiappa is out with the 40 cal Rhino and their 357/9mm combo

MKS guns isn't carrying either one yet though...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Chiappa 9mm conv.JPG
    Chiappa 9mm conv.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 346

Webleymkv

I handled a 6" one in a local shop. While I didn't fire it, I must admit that it was surprisingly comfortable in the hand and balanced pretty well. Much better, in fact, that I'd think it would based on its odd look.

As for 9x21, Glenn is right that it's popular in contries where "military" cartridges like 9x19 are verboten. Basically, 9x21 is a 9x19 that's had its case lengthened by 2mm but loaded to the same OAL and with nearly identical ballistics. The reason for this is that you get a "non-military" cartridge that is therefore legal, but all that is required to convert a 9x19 semi-auto is a simple barrel swap.

C0untZer0

The same week that a video came out that said the Rhino would be chambered in 9mm, their website also started listing 9x21.

There wasn't a whole lot of other information on it.

So it turns out that they do have a 9x21 revolver - but that's not what they were referring to in the announcement. They were referring to a 9x19 - 9mm Luger cylinder kit to swap out with a 357 magnum.

BoomieMCT

I own, shoot and carry a 4" rhino. I love it. I did not love finding a holster for it. I had to have one custom made.

h518may

rhino

i just got my 4" rhino not too long ago. Unfortunately, been too busy/tied down to shoot it yet. i love the feel, the look ( it looks futuristic/sci fy-ish and i like that ) and i love the concept. from the videos i've seen, i cant wait to put full power .357 loads through it! Recoil just seems so negligible. I hope to shoot it next week when i'm on vacation. If i do, i'll post a range report.

aparootsa

Not generally a revolver guy, but this one has appeal for me because it has a significant design advantage over most handguns, and that makes me happy. I like to see innovation, and I don't dislike revolvers; I just like autos more. That said, I think the price tag is going to be an issue for me. I'll probably have it on my list of "opportunistic acquisitions" that I'll buy if I happen across them at a good price but am not specifically on the lookout for.

Microgunner

I've owned a 2" Rhino for about a year and have zero complaints so far. Easy to carry, easy to shoot, comfortable in the hand, reduced recoil, .357 potency, smooth trigger pull and very accurate.
The price was within my budget so I find it to be a good purchase.

huntinaz

I recently shot one of these, it was a 357 short barreled model. It was comfortable, DAO which I didn't care for although the trigger wasn't bad. Recoil was way different for sure than a standard revolver. There is minimal muzzle flip, and it all goes to the hand but is not uncomfortable if that makes sense. It was kinda neat, I don't see myself owning one but I'd like to shoot that one again.

Deja vu

I have held one of there snub nose 2 inch barrel ones. Its felt pretty good.

The one I want is the 6 inch white rhino. That said it is a ways down my to buy list.

Coogs

Find them interesting but quite ugly! I'd really be interested in seeing/handling one to see how they actually balance. Coogs.

newthings

Rhino Experience

I collect slightly unusual firearms. The Rhino 40 fills the bill. I was so lucky to have my local gun dealer on the Columbia River, find one and one only, at his distributer. I picked up up today and got it home for a close inspection.
Gee, the cylinder section is dirty. A blast residue is around each and every cylinder hole. This gun has be used!
So I pulled the hammer spur back for single action and guess what, it won't go. The gun is broken and used. DA has a very hard pull.
I have a long relationship with the dealer, so we will talk tomorrow. Looks like the distributor had a return and it got placed in the available line.
This hammer fault has be reported before.
No more Rhino for me. Hard feelings all around. The Rhino line should be kept in the zoo and behind the bars for viewing, not owning.
Cheers, Roy

OcelotZ3

What? Someone messed up & you got a used one so they aren't any good?

I've had my 5" Rhino for a bit over 6 months and really like it a lot. It's also one of the handguns I seem to shoot best.

BoomieMCT

Yup, still carrying my 4" Rhino since I got it.

To update what else I've said on this forum, there are a few places to get holsters now. I usually use a Shark-tac IWB kydex holster but now I have a Black Hills OWB one as well. Five Star has speedloaders for it. Not sure what else you'd need.