What do you ccw most of the time?

• Revolver

Votes: 50 37.6%
  • Semi-auto

Votes: 83 62.4%

• Total voters

2ndamd

Easy poll.
Do you primarily carry a revolver or auto for CCW?
Meaning, what do you carry most?
I left out the choice for both because this is to see what you carry the most.....say 51% of the time.

No debate, just interested.

Kreyzhorse

In the winter, I tend to carry a semi auto more. In the summer, I go with a snub nose. I'd still say that semi auto's get carried about 55% of the time though.

Autos all the way. In my opinion, there is nothing else.
There shouldn't be a debate, because autos are obviously superior for CC. :D:D

This is 2009 people, and these aint your granddad's autos! :D
(here we go!!)

SPUSCG

500 magnum, you can use it as a club when out of ammo:eek:

jk, but my friend would say a 38 snub. i can never tell hes carrying, its small, easily concealed and 38+p is all you really need

psyfly

A lot like a presidential election:rolleyes:: I voted revolver, but it's about 50.5 percent vs. 49.5 percent.

I don't usually leave the house without my S&W M38 in a pocket.

If I'm dressed for it to be easy and, often when I'm not, I carry a Star BKM 9mm in IWB about 4 o'clock.

The Smith is the always dependable, always there choice.

The Star is because, with it, unlike the M38, I can reliably place a shot within an inch or so of where I want it within 20 feet.

So; I carry the M38 about 95% of the time I'm out and about and the Star about 90% of the time (I'll let someone else do the math on what that works out to in percentage carry).

But, I love 'em both.

Will

madmo44mag

My daily carry is a S&W 908 9mm in a cross draw shoulder rig.
From time too time I have to go into some pretty rough areas. When I do I pack the 9mm and a 44 mag snubbie with two speed loaders.
So far never had to use either one and hope I never do.

The Great Mahoo

I'm very much torn on this. I prefer the workings of a revolver, and am a bit more confident with them mechanically, but I just shoot my auto's better.

As of now, I have a Glock 36 (6+1 45acp) and a Taurus 651 (5 shot 357 snub) which I carry. I tend to rotate back and a forth a bit, but I'd say the auto gets carried more often.

Now if I ever get around to picking up a 3" revolver, such as the new 327's, it would likely find favor as my carry gun.

Keltyke

I carry a .40 S&W about 95% of the time. I also have the option of sticking a .38 spcl. +p in my pocket if I'm in a hurry. I don't feel undergunned with either.

gb_in_ga

I carry a KelTec PF-9 100% of the time, it's the only thing I carry concealed while going about my daily business. Not that I've got anything against carrying wheelguns, mind you. I like wheelguns. I wouldn't feel unprotected if I were carrying a concealable revolver. But there's just something about that extra light, thin and concealable package that makes it a dream to carry. Compared to a 5 shot .38 snub, which is what it is comparable to, it has an extra 3 rounds should I need them.

rjrivero

I prefer to carry revolvers. In an era of Political Correctness, if I ever have to use my gun, I prefer to be on trial with a nice classic revolver in an evidence bag. I find the perception of a revolver, vs the evil black high capacity semi-auto is more favorable in the area that I live and carry.

Creature

My preferred CCW: 1970's S&W Model 36 Chief's Special

img_1310.jpg

img_1311.jpg

I don't even own a revolver. I have odd tastes, so I actually like the looks of a Glock or a Taurus Mil Pro. I think these days, that modern semi-autos are so reliable (if you have a good one) that the issue then is only ammo capacity. That and the fact that in a revolver, all the recoil goes straight into your hand, whereas a semi-auto absorbs some of that with the slide cycle.

Jkwas

I pocket carry 90% of the time with a P3at keltec. I would prefer a revolver but I can't find something as small and light.

Webleymkv

I'd say I carry a revolver at least 80% of the time. In the winter, it's either my S&W M28 or 629 (yes, I load both of them with magnums) and in the summer, it's either my S&W M66 or Colt Cobra. On the rare occasion that I do carry an auto, it's usually my S&W 1076.

Laker

Being a Grandad, I carry a revolver 100% of the time. I own only one semi auto and it's a Browning Buckmark.

Re4mer

I carry a Glock 27 with an extension. That gives me 11 shots total. That's why I go auto, otherwise I wouldn't care one way or another.

mnhntr

i prefer the accuracy, reliabilty, and power of my S&W 686 357mag revolver. if i was to carry an auto it would likely be your "grandad's auto" (1911), or an HK USPc in 357sig

bds32

I generally carry two revolvers concealed. A four inch GP100 on the hip and a snubby in the opposite side front pocket. I also slip a speed clip of .38 in the back pocket just for good measure.