Remington R1

zincwarrior

Agreed. My point is that they are in a down period right now, and there are an absolute plethora of comparables at the same price point. Similarly, in a few years I would probably recommend them.

TunnelRat

My point is that they are in a down period right now, and there are an absolute plethora of comparables at the same price point.

This. We have a member here who posted his experience where his R1 needed servicing. At the time Remington was unable to do any gunsmithing in house. He had to find a local smith and then basically forward that along to Remington. Hopefully Remington rights itself, but there are other options I'd personally explore first.

polyphemus

Mine had a defective extractor,they sent me a replacement and didn't want the
bad one because they knew about the issue.Then occasional stem binds and finally inaccurate shot placement which come to find out was due to a front sight issue which they also knew about.This time they wanted me to ship the pistol to some gun shop out of state and barring that they'd sell me the right one at a 10% discount.
So I reworked the barrel throat and replaced the front sight and now it shoots reliable.

buckey

Starting to sound like a crap shoot, already have a high end 1911 so it's not like I really need one. The deals on Rem R1s are tempting but it seams like there are great deals every where.