Remember when you used to take everything?

remember those days when you had few enough toys that you took your entire collection with you when you went shooting? if i did that these days, i would spend all day packing up my truck. what's the most number of guns you've ever taken with you for a day/weekend of shooting?

Last edited:

Skimp

I usually like to take three guns to the range at one shooting. Normally, I would take the 4595TS, .45 JHP, and Mossberg 702. I will rotate the pistols to keep them exercised: .380 CF, 9mm C9, .40 JCP, Heritage .22lr, and Phoenix HP22. More than three guns at one time wears me out.

gun nut

5 or 6 would be the most I would consider taking with me. Usually just 2 or 3 is all that get to go.

Pond James Pond

I also usually take 3, unless I'm inviting someone to the range, in which case, I take them all so they have a choice.

I mostly shoot my .22, followed by my 9mm especially if I am doing a bit of IPSC training, and finally I may satisfy my big-bore thrills with the .44.

Most times the .38 stays at home. That may change now that I have reloading gear!!

dayman

I usually bring just one, but then for me "the range" is at the edge of the back lawn, or 1/4mile down the road for long ranges.
Some days I go to the range 3 or 4 times.

My collection is nowhere near as impressive as yours though, so it doesn't take me that long to pick what to bring.

ScottRiqui

Guess I'm pretty typical - two or three guns unless I'm bringing along a new shooter, in which case I'll bring 6-8 handguns to give them a variety to choose from.

seeker_two

Packing up multiple guns & ammo is a hassle. Since I have some free time, I'm trying something new. Each week, I pick one gun & a lot of ammo to take to the range and practice with it exclusively. This way, I get more quality time with each gun....and I don't talk myself out of practicing d/t the hassle.

g.willikers

Ditto on having the amount of clean up determine the number of guns taken to the range.
Three is the usual limit and once in awhile, four.
If a focused practice is the goal, maybe only one.
But with the cost of range fees and the gasoline, usually a well rounded range session is the goal.
Ironically, where .22s used to be on the list for every trip, airguns at home have mostly replaced them.
So, .22s rarely make it to the range, now.

Stressfire

Wow, dan, I was just considering browsing for some adult entertainment, but I think that pic did it for me:D

Out of curiosity, what is the lone revolver?

Most I usually bring is 2 pistols, my carry gun (of course), and a rifle. How many I actually use while there varies and usually depends on how much time and ammo I have - no matter how slow I try to shoot 15 round mags on the Beretta are murder on a box of ammo

jasmith85

Your arsenal of weapons makes me realize I am lacking in the quantity department. If I take every gun I own I'm still only taking five guns.

Stressfire

Your arsenal of weapons makes me realize I am lacking in the quantity department. If I take every gun I own I'm still only taking five guns.

You and me both, bro

it's an s&w airweight 38. i have it listed over in the classifieds if you're interested. i hate shooting revolvers.

Would if I could tolerate shrouded or "hammerless." Usually prefer an expose hammer

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
I never take more than 2 guns to the range.
I could take every gun I own and have ever owned and it wouldn't mean more than 3 trips to the car.

Old Grump

Member in memoriam
I never take more than 2 guns to the range.
I could take every gun I own and have ever owned and it wouldn't mean more than 3 trips to the car.
Couldn't have said it better. Either two rifles or 4 handguns because that's how many I can carry in my gun box with enough ammo to shoot them all but not so heavy that I can't pick up the box. Used to fill up the back of my van and finally realized that was just being silly. Mostly my old legs and bad back didn't like carrying all that gear to the line and then trying to find a place for it. :D

BIG P

I'll take 5 or 6 on play days,Most of the time only take 2 that I need to set up for a hunt. I'm lucky I have easy access to a place to shoot,no need to fill the truck.

Kreyzhorse

Three guns is the most I take on a range trip. By the time I'm done shooting all three I'm pretty much done for the day either way.

CaptainRon

When I was much younger and had far fewer responsibilities, I'd take 5, 6 or more guns with me. Now, 2 or 3 tops is all I could imagine having time to shoot and then clean!