Reloadr Scale Out of the Box Comparison

MarkCO

So I made the video on Wednesday. On Thursday and Friday, I checked and the Reloadr gave the exact same readings for the 4 check weights as it did on Wednesday. The PACT had the most change, within their claimed range, the RCBS a little less, but the Reloadr beat them both with no change.

They are sending me a Sharpshooter to do a T&E on as well. So I will work that in the mix and do a compare and contrast of the two.

hounddawg

the Relodr and Sharpshooter scales look suspiciously similar to a half dozen Chinese scales on Amazon. I could not find a price on their distributers site though. Under the hood I would wager that the circuit boards come off the same assembly line in Schenzhen with different labels slightly different housings.

I wish I could find a version of that Smartweigh with no auto shutoff. I am seriously considering making it my main scale. Does either the Reloadr And Sharpshooter scales have AC ports and or at least selectable auto shutoff ? I am interested in your reports. I have till the end of the month to evaluate this Tree and decide on returning it.

Last edited:

MarkCO

The auto-shut-off can be disabled on the Marksman, but only for one power up. It is easy to disable. But when you turn it off, then back on, the auto-off is back.

I should have the Sharpshooter into testing next week sometime.

MarkCO

Have been using these exclusively, while checking weights, drift, etc. along the way, for the last month.

The Sharpshooter is pretty good and also beat the PACT and RCBS in the tests I did. Safe to say I am sold on them. I'd like a few changes, including a plug instead of batteries. Sent them a note with some suggestions and they said they would look into it.

See if you can find some rechargeable lithium batteries for it. Batteries avoid line noise problems, so they are good if you can put up with their lack of indefinite power.

Thanks for the follow-up. It's always good to get more feedback on available equipment. I hope some additional folks with these scales will chime in. In the past, a big problem has been brands producing alternating good and bad copies, so consistency would be nice to be able to establish.