Reloading the 7.62 x 39mm Russian

Mike / Tx

Not sure just how much work you're willing to do in order to make up some decent ammo but I have read about using a push through die to swage down a bullet just a smidgen for a proper diameter.

There are several .311 bullets that might not be much of a chore to run through a Lee sizing die. Might have to polish a .309 die out a little but that isn't a huge chore with a drill and some smooth grit Emory cloth.

Or there is always the cast route. Lots of options there especially if your looking for a hunting bullet. Tom at Accurate Molds will make you an awesome mold to the right diameter, possibly even a as cast shooter that only need be lubed or PC'ED. I have two that I got for my 30 Carbine revolver, the 31-115H and 31-125F. Both are very accurate and hit hard. I've also run them through my little Ruger Compact in .308 up to around 2400fps and they really smack a water jug. Haven't had a chance to get a hog with one but I have no doubt that it would work.

Also the Starline brass is real good if you want to spend a little extra and it's in stock.

Hope ot works out well for you.