Reloading Room Advice

GeauxTide

Mount a small window AC/Heat unit so that your powder will remain stable. One place I lived in Baton Rouge did not have room, so I put my gear in an outdoor shed. Had to throw away a lot of powder.

Average Joe

Just bring your powder and primers in the house when not reloading, you can stick them in the corner of a closet, bring them out when you need them.

Grey_Lion

My 2 cents worth -

My 2 chief concerns - as I also reload in my garage - environment and security.
Environment - ammo, powders, and primers come inside and are secured in house when not in active use. Dies & tools can be sealed in plastic containers or ammo boxes with silicon bead dry packs harvested from new shoes and luggage to abate humidity induced rust. That and a wipe down with a oiled rag is usually enough. One big cautionary note would be to never store pool chemicals near anything metal which you like. :)

But your situation might also call for a concern for security as most barns I've been around are too easy to break into and unsecure.

globemaster3

Thanks for the additional input.

For those mandating a completely air conditioned and constantly controlled environment, that is not in the cards right now. I have to work within the constraints of space and resources I have now.

As for security, it will be somewhat secure, as far as barns are concerned. Biggest threat will be my kids who always seem to borrow my tools and stuff but never seem to put them back where they belong.

pwc

If possible, can you enclose the area with sheet rock and a securable door? Insulation for comfort is easier if studed in, and can be done later

StrawDog

Additional concern with Storage is kids of all ages just love to play with gun powder. Consider a padlock on powder storage container. :)