Redneck Engineering....

OkieCruffler

Not quite as cheap as a bolt and washers, but a bow stablizer weigh is cheaper than a made for SG weight and it's easy enough to drill a hole and find a nut that will hold it on the end of your tube.

B.L.E.

BarkeyVA said:
No doubt jet ski (all lower case) has become the generic term for a PWC (personal watercraft)

Yea, I know, even the news media sometimes do it. Just like some people call every assault rifle an "AK-47".

Kawasaki still owns and protects the Jet Ski trademark. Yamaha calls their PWCs "Waverunners". Bombardier calls their PWCs "Sea-Doos", Honda uses Aqua Trax.

zippy13

Zippy, REAL Rednecks use anything they want to, and may even eat quiche.
Sorry, Dave, I live a pretty sheltered life out here on the left coast. I always thought real rednecks didn't know how to spell quiche (key-ish). :D

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
I had a good education pounded into my thick redneck skull,Zippy. And Marriage to WW meant quite a schooling in good food. She's the best cook I ever met.

This has certainly veered from improvised shotgun gear, hasn't it?....

John, there's a couple stabilizers here,from short to a foot long. Heck, I could use one of the Dead Mule stabilizers and clamp it down with an extra mag extension clamp on hand. I wonder if it would hold up to the kick....

kozak6

bubbastacticalshotgun.jpg

mete

Kozak, as a seasoned citizen I wonder how I made it all my younger years without duct tape .Of course now it's part of my life.

rantingredneck

I had almost forgotten about this one.....

Several years ago I acquired a couple of Mossberg 500 shotgun barrels that did not have sling studs installed in the tapped hole in the barrel band/nut. I could have ordered the proper size studs and paid shipping and such, but I had a couple of studs already that were the proper size and thread pitch. Only problem was they were about an inch too long and had about 1/4" of unthreaded shank at the top. So I cut them to size and used a black hard rubber plumbing washer to cover the unthreaded shank. Looks pretty good for a Redneck Engineering job. I'll have to snap some pics and post them later to better 'splain it.

krimmie

After watching a how to video by Larry Potterfield, I took the saw, rasp, and sand paper to this............
stock1.jpg

creating this. Very pleased with the handling now.
390stock.jpg

DSCF9411.jpg

OkieCruffler

We all know the trick of adding hulls loaded with shot to the stock to add weight but the wife asked me a strange question tonight as I was complaining I could only get 3 hulls in my Yildiz. "Why don't you just use the loose shot that would give you more room?" Danged woman, I can't think of a logical answer.

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
Darned if I know, John. Some folks use a plastic bag to hold loose shot.

Nice work, krimmie.

Drummer, over on THR there's an old thread about a Remington 1740, two 870s hooked together. You may find it interesting....

oneounceload

Now, Now...there's a difference between Redneck and Mall Ninja engineering...your two examples are mall ninjas, because those contraptions cost WAY more than a redneck would ever spend.................:D

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
...And both are them there twisty line thingys... what'd they call 'em? Oh yeah... Repeatin' carry-o-bean rifles...:D

Brent