Redheads?

missmanytoes

I have some red highlights...used to dye my hair to get rid of 'em. Now I notice some blonde highlights...***???? Those bother me more than the grey! I've finally gotten to where I let my hairs be the colors they want to be and just roll my eyes when I notice those blonde ones...the greys don't bother me, I EARNED them!

-sarah

My former wife, a blond, knew my prediliction for redheads.

I came home from work one evening, and she had dyed her hair red.

All of it.

I was in heaven. :D

------------------
Beware the man with the S&W .357 Mag.
Chances are he knows how to use it.

Tecolote

Red heads are found mostly among Celtic people. Celts, amont other areas, inhabited Galicia in Spain, Ireland, Scotland, and parts of France. They were a tough warrior people. To get an idea read some histories written by Romans during their age of empire.

------------------
"Get yourself a Lorcin and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol."

hkg3

ya, I own a redhead :D
Everything they say is true. :) if you can get past that temper, everything is great!

hkg3

My wife has something to say, keep in mind she is about 5'5" and 120 pounds, I'm 6'4" 240 pounds and she's going to kick my a$$ after she gets through typing; so here she is...

Hi everyone. This is my first time on TFL and I was interested in your conversations about redheads. Yes, I am a REAL redhead, but no worse temper than anyone else who had to live with my husband- see my point Ober :)
Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions for our noisy dog dilemma. We will certainly keep them in mind, and may use some, too.

Juan Hunt Greer

Ben Franklin had it wrong : redheads, not beer are God's proof that he loves us and wants us to be happy!
crankshaft
paranoia is your first line of defense when they really are out to get You!

oberkommando

Don't listen to hkg3's wife as I know he waits on her hand and food and she still gets angry with him. :p

BTW Red you need to get your own handle
on this forum.

Even if your husband only allows you to post once in a while, we wouldnt want the other women to think we are chauvinistic now would we?

A good handle may be "little domestic helper" :D

naw that is too long, you will have to ask your hubby what a good one for you would be :)

[This message has been edited by oberkommando (edited September 12, 2000).]

Dangus

Hey! where are all the redheads at the gunshows I go to?? :(

Redheads are so cool, but do you have any idea how hard it is to find a redhead/pro-rkba/18-25 year old/female in this area??

Iowa is a state full of blonde danes. I need redheads(Eastern Iowa seems especially bad). If any of you people from other states have any spare redheads send them here, we're sorely lacking.
:(

------------------
The Alcove

I twist the facts until they tell the truth. -Some intellectual sadist

The Bill of Rights is a document of brilliance, a document of wisdom, and it is the ultimate law, spoken or not, for the very concept of a society that holds liberty above the desire for ever greater power. -Me

[This message has been edited by Dangus (edited September 12, 2000).]

Cougar

You guys had better watch it now...my mother is a redhead! ;) So was her father! If I spend a lot of time out in the sun even my hair bleaches to a reddish-blonde color!

Grandpa still had thin hed hair when he died and he was in his late 70s then. Mom's comes from a bottle now to cover the gray hairs I have given her over the years, but both she and her sister have been redheads for life. My aunt's four boys are also redheads.

BTW, Grandpa came to this country from his native Norway back in the late 1880s! Whassa matter, you guys never heard of Erik the Red?

Oh, and as to the shooter's link to redheads, my mother grew up on a farm in rural Nebraska and learned to shoot at an early age. She had a single shot bolt action Stevens .22 that she was deadly with! When they were dating, my parents often went hunting together. My mother could outshoot my father any day! Dad, of course, blames this on that he needed glasses but didn't know it at the time. Yeah, right! :D

hkg3

I’m supposed to apologize for saying I own a redhead and for saying they have bad tempers............I’m sorrrrrry...........My wife has also grounded me from my computer and guns for a week. :( (too bad I’m not grounded from the computers at work too...No I would just stay home and yell at the news on TV all day.) I’m also supposed to write “I do not own a redhead, redheads do not have bad tempers.” ten times.

I do not own a redhead (she owns me), redheads do not have bad tempers.

slabsides

Member In Memoriam
Ahhhh....red hair. Proof that men CAN mate with angels!
As the husband, son-in-law, and father of three firey Celtic queens, I have concluded that the warrior daughters of Boadicea are just naturally attracted to their counterpart males. Thus you will find them where said males congregate...at gun shows, for instance.
I pity women who resort to the bottle in a effort to buy the appearance of a proud Celtic birthright. (Unless they are just restoring what's been worn away by time and care.) That all women really want to be red is proven by the effort that dye-peddlers have put into producing a similation product.
The popularity of fake red on models, actresses and wannabes is understandable...but grape juice isn't wine, and the true red can't ever be similated!

------------------
If they take our guns, I intend to let my hair grow long and acquire the jawbone of an ass.

the_Rebel

My favorite Redhead says she knows I really love her cuz I'm teaching her to shoot!

I also once heard that blondes were just redheads with all the fire drained out of them!

Rick
PS. how did that song go? more_ammo, faster_draws, and stronger women? nooo, there was something about horses and whiskey in there...

Dangus

I just woke up today and there's no redheads at my door clamouring to see me. What gives?

------------------
The Alcove

I twist the facts until they tell the truth. -Some intellectual sadist

The Bill of Rights is a document of brilliance, a document of wisdom, and it is the ultimate law, spoken or not, for the very concept of a society that holds liberty above the desire for ever greater power. -Me

the_Rebel

Redheads are made when the good Lord smiles and reaches down and pats them on the head right before they're born.

hkg3...use it, if it'll help :)

Garth had "better get yer Red Head back in bed before the morning" - Ain't goin' down til the sun comes up.

Brooks and Dunn - The bartender asks me
Says, "Son what'll be?"
I want a shot at that redhead yonder
Lookin' at me -- from boot scootin boogie...

jus' more fuel for the fire...

Steve Smith

Pax, you live in Colorado?

Oh, yeah, and Rebel, Asleep at the Wheel thought of those lyrics long before Brooks and Dunn even knew what country was.

[This message has been edited by Frontsight! (edited September 12, 2000).]

FPrice

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pax:
Went to my first gun show today and had a great time.
[/quote]

Pax,

Where was this gun show? I notice that you are from Washington State (the other Washington), my adopted home and hopefully soon-to-be retirement location.

Frosty