Recommendations please for a single action

Kernel

JohnK, it's my understanding Ruger doesn't make a stainless Bisley w/adjusable sights (with the rare, collectable, and expensive exceptions noted above). The Bisley Vaquero have conventional fluted cylinders, bright finish, and of course - fixed sights. To get to an SS Bisley with adjustable sights the only practical way I know is thru an aftermarket grip-frame kit. -- Kernel

JohnK

Howdy Kernel,
Actually Ruger is right now making a limited run of stainless Bisleys with adjustable sites. There's a dealer over at the Sixgunner site who is selling them for $435, more than standard Bisleys go for but still very reasonable for a limited edition revolver.

Kernel

What's the URL over at sixgunner? I look around but couldn't find, to much info to go thru it all page-by-page. Elsewhere they're closer to $500. If Ruger is only making 250 it's hard to believe they're not all spoken for already. I'm sorely tempted, though my preference is for a .44 Mag.

My plan was to get a standard 7.5" SBH with unfluted cylinder, install a Bowen rear sight, a Belt Mountain base pin, a Bisley conversation kit, get a competent Smith to cut the barrel back to 6.25" (5.5" looks just a tad stubby to me), and do a "fluff & buff" to the action. Will cost me way more than $435, but in the end it'll be exactly what I want. -- Kernel

Last edited:

JohnK

Kernel, Sixgunner.com doesn't host their own message board but use disc.server.com. Check the discussion board at http://disc.server.com/Indices/34422.html and look for SK, right now there's a thread asking about them about 1/2 way down the page. There have been several threads about them, if you search for Bisley or 'SS Bisley' you'll find most of them.

BADSBSNF81

I like Rugers. Having said that, there's nothing like a CCH and Blued Colt SAA. A used one in nice condition will cost more than a new Ruger. If you haven't had a chance to handle one, you owe it to yourself.