Recommendations of best .22 rifle...

Tatsumi67

Ruger 10/22!!!!!!!!

Its versatile! its reliable! and its easy to use.

I have a video online if you want to see it in action (recorded myself)

winchester243

Lots of good .22s out there. I'm partial to Remington's Model 572, it's a pump action. Have had mine for 28 years now and have put 10s of thousands of rounds through it, very accurate and has held up well over the years.

YukonKid

10/22...if you want better accuracy then buy the heavy barrel version ond throw a scope on. Anything you could possibly want to do to a gun you can do to the 10/22 if thats your thing.

pbrktrt

22 rifle

+1 on the 10-22. utter reliability & accurate out of the box. the rotary mag is just a plus. you can't go wrong. i just saw the 5,000,000,000 hade been sold. that has got to tell ya something.

CajunBass

Another vote for the 10/22. But not just any old run of the mill 10/22. I like nice looking rifles and while the 10/22 isn't ugly, it is kind of plain. I had never wanted one until I saw the "Wally World Special." The longer barrel, and checkered birch stock with a rubber butt pad on a "rifle" stock (as opposed to the curved carbine stock on the standard 10/22) looks like a different gun.

DSCF0002a.jpg

Then I found the DSP (Delux Sporter) 10/22. Basically the same thing but in blued steel with a walnut stock.

DSCF0001.jpg

They cost a little more than a standard 10/22, and I doubt they shoot any better, but they sure look better. They're both reliable and accurate enough for most people right out of the box.

I've got a Remington 597 also, but haven't shot it enough to offer an opinion on it really, but so far, so good.