Recommend inexpensive 9 mm range ammo

sigarms228

I typically buy at SGAmmo. Just got a case of 9MM Brass Blazer 115GR for $241 shipped and got is 3 days after ordering. I have used a LOT of Brass Blazer in my life and never a problem.

I also like Federal American Eagle, Speer Lawman, Winchester Ranger, PMC, and Sellier & Bellot which I bought a lot of at Cabela's in 2012 when they would have it on sale for $8.49 a box of 50 9MM.

SGAmmo usually has some pretty good deals and especially on 50 round boxes of SD ammo like Gold Dot and Federal HST.

Shadi Khalil

My Walmart has lots of steel cased Wolf and since it's the least expensive, I've been shooting a lot of it. I've shot thousands of rounds of steel ammo through all my pistols and have never had any issues.

carguychris

Shadi Khalil said:
My Walmart has lots of steel cased Wolf and since it's the least expensive, I've been shooting a lot of it. I've shot thousands of rounds of steel ammo through all my pistols and have never had any issues.
Yes, but -
  • Many indoor ranges don't allow it due to fire risk and potential damage to range equipment
  • Shoots dirty
  • Some guns suffer occasional light strikes / failures to fire due to really hard Russian primers
  • Virtually the same price per 50rd box as far superior brass-case Perfecta ($10.99 vs $10.97) under current Wally World "Price Rollback" (+1 WVsig and Doyle) :D

BigMikey76

The cheapest in my area is either Tula Steel or Perfecta Brass. Both $10.97 at the local Wal-Mart. Both have worked fine for me. I have had 2 FTEs out of around 1100 rounds in the last few months - both out of the same box of Tula in two different guns.

Sigop

Bulk Order Free Shipping

I'll add in Ammoman as a free shipper on orders over ($100 I think). If you buy bulk it can make a difference on price per round, which is how I calculate.:cool: