Recoil and retinal damage

TheKlawMan

EyeDocMD, That is what I recall from the only retina detachment case I had and it was nearly thirty years ago; whether or not the detachment is caused by or is merely coincidental with any trauma occurring at the time is difficult to say with a degree of medical certainty.

M4BGRINGO

I will show this thread to my wife so she'll understand why I have a $700 recoil reduction system on my Browning. After-all, it is to help protect my eyesight. ;)

Stevie-Ray

I opted for a gas auto for my first shotgun for this very reason. I think my days of shooting offensive kickers is over-actually, I never did enjoy them like some seem to. I now own a Mossberg 930 SPX and it is very soft shooting, even with buck loads.

zippy13

I think my days of shooting offensive kickers is over-actually, I never did enjoy them like some seem to.
I'm with you S-R. It seems, at every gun club, there's going to be a small group of guys who think you can't have fun without stuffing a max+ load of Blue-Dot in their boomer guns. No thanks.

There was an old boy at my club who was a pharmacist and thought he knew everything there was to know about chemicals. He fancied that he could safely mix reloading powders for optimum performance. He was lucky to escape injury when his R-1100 violently self-disassembled with one of his special loads.