Recipes for 357 mag?

mikld

If you are going to reload any ammo, get a reloading manual, or three. Look in your manual for a +P 38 Special load and use that in .357 Brass.

zxcvbob

Funny how a lot of .357 threads end up talking about H110 no matter how they started. JFTR, my first contribution on this thread was on topic. ;)
My middle-of-the-road .357 Magnum load is 8.0 grains of Herco with a 158 grain SWC, and I've started playing around with 7.0 grains of WSF with a 148 grain DEWC (not a light load by any means.)

AlaskaMike

zxcvbob wrote:
Y'all realize he asked about light loads? 296 and H110 will not work for light loads.

You missed a post or two. 700cdl brought it up, I pointed out that the original poster was specifically looking for light loads, and then 700cdl mentioned his reasons for bringing up H110/296. The thread just sort of forked for a bit there, no biggie.

158 hard cast lead swc---6.0 unique---win sp primer

GURU1911 got it right; .357 was the first round I reloaded for and I managed to stumble on this exact combo shortly after starting out. Shoots great for me, and if I double charge a case it will be pretty much overflowing with powder. The bulkiness is one of the reasons I love Unique.