Recall Notices and Product Alerts; Please Post Here.

pwc

I don't understand the coding. Regardless of the rest of the 7 or 8 numbers.....any powder with the last digits on the recall is bad? How do you know what year it was bought before or after? Are they saying those numbers will never ne used ahain?

Yes. You don't need to know the year, just the one or two-digit lot number that follows the 6 digits of the product number. They won't have included the lot numbers in the notice if they weren't made inside the suspect time frame. I'm just surprised they go back as far as 2 for all those powders.

Understand that lots can be multiple train car quantities the distributer uses as stock, sometimes lasting for years, so if a simple serial lot numbering is used, it's not surprising that some lots last for years and that over a period of decades the lot numbers are still only one or two digits.

pwc

Tks Unclenick - so I guess the lot numbers will continue as;
123456X
123456XX and eventually
123456XXX

FrankenMauser

Accurate powder recall of 2520
July 1, 2020
ACCURATE 2520
Western Powders is issuing a recall of Accurate 2520 1 lb. bottles with lot number 0913192116. The lot number is stamped on the back of the bottle. This is a limited recall and ONLY applies to this lot number of Accurate 2520. USE OF THIS POWDER MAY RESULT IN HIGH PRESSURE LOADS AND SUBSEQUENT GUN DAMAGE OR SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURY. If you are in possession of this propellant, please discontinue use immediately and contact Western Powders at 406-234-0422. We will replace your powder and instruct you how to dispose of this powder.