Really disappointed in Kimber

2wheelwander

I bought a Kimber Gold match when they were all the rage and when the rumors or shady quality were beginning to emerge. Deep blue, pretty wood grips, nice looking gun. When I got it home you could see the laser etched Kimber logo was faintly done on one side of the slide. Like the slide was laying cock eyed when it was etched. Called my dealer who referred me to Kimber. Kimber said they would take care of it but shipping was on me, couldn't guarantee they'd do anything about it, and they did not come across as either surprised or giving two bowel movements about what they'd shipped out the door.

As much as I like to looks of their snub .357, I won't own another Kimber. Maybe petty to some, but its the principle. I paid at the time for a relatively premium 1911. It wasn't.

Erno86

My Kimber Eclipse 1911, MIM plunger tube broke in half at my 18,000 round mark.

I was upset when I found out my mainspring housing backstrap on my Eclipse was made out of plastic...so much that I replaced it with a steel one.

I also had trouble getting a tight fit with my tritium rear sight, after I had the old one replaced, because the radioactive tritium was going dark in the original one.

I prefer Kimber 1911 pistols over Springfields.

Even though tungsten guide rods are banned in certain competitions --- My Kimber tungsten guide rod works wonders with balance and controlling recoil with the 45 acp round.

I was also upset...when I heard that Yonkers Kimber, discontinued the 22 Kimber Classic rifle --- Since spare parts are now scarce for my Kimber Classic 22 rimfire bolt rifle.

Last edited:

hub1home

Could it be that the conversion kit was made for a Series I Kimber versus a Series II Kimber? The I does not have the Swartz safety and the II does have the safety.

BJung

Businesses need to be reminded that if they upset one customer, they are not dealing with just one but the business they could acquire or retain from 20, 50, or 100 more people. Reputation is very important.