range report- Alchemy arms Spectre .45

FlyinGN

well, finally got it:)
I've been HOT on this pistol since I saw on last fall at a gun show but it has been next to imposible to find and info on one nevermind actually *finding* one. None of my local gun shops has em or even heard of em.. So I was checking Gunbroker and Auction Arms for a nice one that was NOT in black.. I love stainless and aluminum.. Im sorta of a shiney guy:).. Sure nuff on GB.com there is a stainless and aluminum one in PERFECT shape at a collector firearm dealer in Texas. To make a long story short, for a list of $850 I got this dream pistol for $250!!
When I got it it was in *PERFECT* shape. It could pass for NEW.
Well last night I took it to the range.
WHAT A SWEET GUN. It kicked less then my Kahr K40 and was VERY accurate. I can't say enough good things about this pistol. Easy to break down (Like a Glock), GREAT looking and shooting pistol. Here are pics of it and the first target at about 35 feet that I ripped off. Its a 10 +1 and I put an extra bullet in to make an even 12:) I can't wait to take it on the NJ shoot:)
Frank

g7102ala1.jpg

g7102ala2.jpg

Attachments

• target.jpg
    target.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 260

9x19

To each according to their tastes, and this one just isn't for me. Why the upswept beavertail on a hammerless design?

Strange looking piece... tho' perhaps it's meant to be the Cabbage Patch Kids of handguns?! :D

Glad you found what you wanted, thanks for the report and the photos, and good luck.

FlyinGN

The gun is a delightful mix of Glock and 1911.. Thats the grip safety (a la 1911) that has the upswept tail.. to protect you hand from the slide coming back

Jamie Young

Too bad I won't get to handle that thing at the NJ shoot.

That is a peculiar looking gun. I'm still impressed with that Kahr 40 you brought last time.

What are you competing with this time? That thing?

RAY WOODROW 3RD

Fancy guns will not help you if I put "CHAD THE TARGET ELIMINATOR" next to you during the shoot like the last time. Nice looking piece FlyinGN. Are you gonna let the rest of the boys shoot that thing at the Jersey shoot?:rolleyes:

FlyinGN

thanks guys.. Yes I will be competeing this year with the new gun:)
Yes Ray everyone can take turns with it:) Thats what its all about.:)
*UPDATE* I find out from talking to Alchemy arms today that I Have the 217th gun thay made in 1999! VERY collectable they said. They actually want to buy it back! They don't make that finish anymore either.. They told me not to shot it and put it away! NO WAY :) It shoots too damn nice! Wait till ya hear the story how I got it:)

Frank

QBANG!

The Only place you can get new Specter's are from Castle Arms.
Go to their web site or give Tim Green a call. I have had the chance to shoot this gun many a time. A .45 that kicks like a 9mm.Thats allways a fun thing.

FlyinGN

I thought you can get em from Gunfinder (Davis) Too.. It is a sweet gun.. for sure..

Frank

Last edited:

krept

Very nice. I have not heard of that pistol before and it looks like a very interesting concept. That is awesome that not only did you get what you wanted at a great price, but it turns out to be more collectible AND it fits you well to boot. Sounds like a real gem all around.

Good stuff, congrats.

FlyinGN

latest upadate on my Spectre..
Alchemy arms reworked the pistol for FREE for me. They upgraded it with the updates that the newer guns have and made me a few more spare mags and basically blueprinted the gun. They zeroed it in at their range and reworked the trigger so its butter smooth. All this for me and I did NOT even buy it new from them. What customer service!!!Oh and they also told me that this was the first series gun they made and made a total of 114 in that series. And mine was ONE OF 20 MADE!!!
They told me to shoot it very spareingly:)

WOW! what a rare firearm!!
And to them it looked like it was rarely shot //
:D :D :D

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
You must be very proud of your new gun to keep bumping this thread back up with these posts...
At least your not just saying "Back to the top" anymore.

Just do us a favor and make your report from the range a good one. Some more picks would be great. It is an interesting pistol...
Some other angles would be nice. Maybe with a cute chick holding it. Or a member of the SBT. That would be nice.

krept

that's some funny stuff George...

Does it have a manual safety like a 1911? How is the muzzle flip, trigger while firing, etc. etc. etc.

FlyinGN

Krelt- Yes it has a manual safety like a 1911 and a grip safety like a 1911. It has wayy less flip then my K40.. About like a 9mm it feels like to me.
Its a very sweet pistol. And now its gonna be even sweeter after I get it back:)
I breaks down like a Glock and has features like a 1911. Ate an odd but nice mix

Frank