Range bag

Mr2005

Looking for a recommendation on range bag to hold an xdm and a 22 handgun, 8 mags and a few boxes of amm. Needs a should strap.

pturner67

I've used an i-shot range bag for the last 4 years...it's nice...pockets for 10 mags, room for plenty of ammo, room for a few handguns, etc

Botswana

Picked up some $20 Winchester brand bag at Wal-Mart and it's been great. Slots for 2 pistols and includes 2 mats/sleeves for them to go in. Plenty of room for ammo, ear protection, glasses, etc. It's not overly large but has worked great so far.

Tried to buy a bag off of Amazon and it was a total bust. It's too hard to tell how much some of these will really hold.

10-96

I really like my Samsonite Overnight Computer bag. It doesn't have the shoulder strap, but it does have an extendable handle and wheels. I did the shoulder strap smaller bag thing for a while, but as things go- I accumulated more stuff. Ie: Stapler, clip board, pasters, oils, spare clips, small tools, range rod, masking tape, coban tape, paper & pens, chamber flags, a few bandaids, an automotive light socket (don't know what that's doing in there or how it got there), small flashlight, stash of cash for entry fees, score book, yup- that's about it.

PawPaw

You might like this one from Midway. Everyone I know who has one likes it.

I, on the other hand, am a cheap sort, and I buy canvas tool bags from Harbor Freight. I like these 15" tool bags, and at $7.99 apiece I have several. They're roomy enough for a handgun, ammo, and other range impedimentia. I normally use one bag for each caliber.

Olympus

Midway Competiton Range Bag. Hands down the best bag I've owned. Bought my old man one for Christmas last year and I liked it so much that I bought one for myself. I can carry 2000 rounds of 22lr, 500 rounds of various centerfire rounds, and 4 pistols without any problem.

Spats McGee

Administrator
I suggest a diaper bag, preferably with a hazmat symbol on the side. Range bags and tool bags are great, but they scream "valuable stuff waiting to be pawned." If you have to leave one in the car, it could attract thieves. I don't know of any dirty diaper thieves, though.

huh

I really like my midway small competition bag it is on sale for 30 dollars fits everything I need and them some
IMAG0132.jpg

Apom

I ordered the MidwayUSA Compact Competition Range Bag (coyote color). Hoping to get it by the end of this week so I can go out to the range to try it out. If I like it. .I will pick up another for my girlfriend.

j357

Midway All the Way

As others have said, the Midway bags are great. The full size Competition version is on sale for $45 and is actually a small bag within a larger bag, along with two pistol rugs and plenty of pockets. It is quite large for some trips but I carry several guns out for the day with room to spare. I have one and couldn't be happier. Bought one for my Dad for Christmas last year and he loves his as well.

rebs

There was a guy at the range yesterday that had a plastic type of tool box from Home Depot, he had it all lined with carpet material and had it divided into different compartments and a lift out tray. It did really look nice.